Pylon cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pylon cuts

After the events in the Sport Gold this year, as well as a few other heat races, I think something needs to be changed in the rules. Don't get me wrong pylon cuts are bad in several ways, but I am not sure I agree with the penalty accessed. Two seconds per lap may not sound like much, but if it happenes on the first lap or two, you are hosed. In the sport class gold, Race 33 was WAY ahead of Sharp, but an early cut cost him the win. It wasn't any advantage for him to have cut one pylon, especially since he was probably inside to only a few feet. I would like to see the rule changed to a two second TOTAL penalty for one cut, then a two-three sec PER LAP if more than one violation is committed. Just my .02.

Re: Pylon cuts

Originally posted by Race5
    After the events in the Sport Gold this year, as well as a few other heat races, I think something needs to be changed in the rules. Don't get me wrong pylon cuts are bad in several ways, but I am not sure I agree with the penalty accessed. Two seconds per lap may not sound like much, but if it happenes on the first lap or two, you are hosed. In the sport class gold, Race 33 was WAY ahead of Sharp, but an early cut cost him the win. It wasn't any advantage for him to have cut one pylon, especially since he was probably inside to only a few feet. I would like to see the rule changed to a two second TOTAL penalty for one cut, then a two-three sec PER LAP if more than one violation is committed. Just my .02.

It was changed to the current rule for a 1 LAP penalty. Try to make that up in six laps.
    I didn't realize there was so much animosity against the Sharp's, I've never seen the like!
    Chris...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris McMillin
      I didn't realize there was so much animosity against the Sharp's, I've never seen the like!
      Chris...
      Chris,

Where you seeing this??? Certainly not in this post. In another thread, someone linked to an "article" on ANN, I commented that it was inaccurate in that it left out the fact that Parker was sucking air past a failed blower (due to the belt)... that the Sharps would put that sort of info out in a Press Release is totally understandable... my initial gripe was only that ANN needs (per usual) to be a bit more accurate in their reporting as things as "news" when taken from PR sorts of things.

As for Jon and Trish, count em both as good friends and was happy that they won Reno in the NXT... wish it could have been against healthy or non fouled opponents.

For certain, with Parker making more HP and the NXT's coming on line, things will only get more interesting in the Sport...

As for the comments about cuts.. I don't think cuts should be excused no matter what and should be counted as very harsh penaltys.

It is, after all, a safety related penalty. Cuts are VERY VERY dangerous and allowing any complaciency there is a BAD BAD idea IMHO....

Now, if a cut is forced, another story but a cut is a cut otherwise..

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        Chris,

Where you seeing this??? Certainly not in this post. In another thread, someone linked to an "article" on ANN, I commented that it was inaccurate in that it left out the fact that Parker was sucking air past a failed blower (due to the belt)... that the Sharps would put that sort of info out in a Press Release is totally understandable... my initial gripe was only that ANN needs (per usual) to be a bit more accurate in their reporting as things as "news" when taken from PR sorts of things.

CM Yeah, sounds good. The story is a press release for the Lycoming, nemesis, and Sahrps. Their job is to sell their stuff. No Lancairs and Thunder Mustangs, Continentals and Falconers. Seems a no news thing, but I can see since you are personally in the news business, it is a point of interest what the ANN story writer and editor print. To me, pilot and race fan,? YAWN...

As for Jon and Trish, count em both as good friends and was happy that they won Reno in the NXT... wish it could have been against healthy or non fouled opponents.

CM Well, is wasn't. Parker threw the belt and Von Grote couldn't find the course. Is that any reason to not like the outcome for the winners? I think of all of them as worthy winners, when they actually win. Is Mike Brown no good because he wasn't winning against Tiger, Skip, Lyle, Jimmy? No. Why any differt feelings towards the Sharps?

For certain, with Parker making more HP and the NXT's coming on line, things will only get more interesting in the Sport...

CM That is for sure. I can't wait to see the Nemesis design shed the Gee Bee reputation and start having some of it's own luck and success.

As for the comments about cuts.. I don't think cuts should be excused no matter what and should be counted as very harsh penaltys.

It is, after all, a safety related penalty. Cuts are VERY VERY dangerous and allowing any complaciency there is a BAD BAD idea IMHO....

Now, if a cut is forced, another story but a cut is a cut otherwise..

My whole point is that Jon won the race, the other guys screwed up or had failures. The Nemesis Team has had so much bad luck, I think they are to be congratulated on their win. They stuck with it through thick and thin and they are the only team presenting a RACER for the class. It was designed for this race class.

Bravo Jon, good racing.

Chris...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris McMillin
          My whole point is that Jon won the race, the other guys screwed up or had failures. The Nemesis Team has had so much bad luck, I think they are to be congratulated on their win. They stuck with it through thick and thin and they are the only team presenting a RACER for the class. It was designed for this race class.

Bravo Jon, good racing.

Chris...
          Chris, couldn't agree more. A win is a win is a win...

What you said, what I said..

No arguments here.
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
          X