Oh Kerch... Mr. Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Kerch... Mr. Brown

I humbly submit that I see 6 things that will slightly improve Sept Fury's speed. Of course, they are the hardest things to make fit because the only time they are out of whack is at 490 mph and 3 Gs.

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Re: Oh Kerch... Mr. Brown

Bill, nice photo.

Have no fear... I'm sure they will be dealt with well before Reno 2007!

Michael

Comment

How about all the stuffing that had been pushed out around the cowl by the end of the race? I'll bet there's another .001 mph there too.
      No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
      http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini
        How about all the stuffing that had been pushed out around the cowl by the end of the race? I'll bet there's another .001 mph there too.
        I think I feel the same way Kerch does about that stuff. It all adds up. Stevo and I spend about an hour taping and "cleaning" Blue Thunder for Sunday. I joked that the aerodynamic clean-up was negated by the added weight of the tape. Some tape that I put on last year was still there. And tape from even further back. Sponsorship opportunity for 3M!
        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
        Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

I think 232 is running an electric motor with Lipo batteries -- there's no freakin' oil! It's a mondo brushless Hacker! Yeah, and they're running whoofers with engine noise, too! That ain't no start cart, it's the charger...hmmmm.
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

It's not electric, it's a secret compound rubber band that Kerch came up with!(self-sufficient, never needs winding)LOL
            "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

One thing for certain listening to 232 at the VOS after he went by, his engine has a lot more bark than any other SF. I'll assume its due to the new, extended exhaust.
              Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
              World Speed Record Holder

Comment

232 don't need no stinkin oil...

what an amazing plane.
                Figure more aerodynamics for 2007?

The Ione Air Races rock!
                Tom Johnson,
                Aviation Insurance Broker / Yak 50 Owner
                www.airpowerinsurance.com

Comment

That has got to be one of the smoothest 3350s I have ever heard. It has a one of a kind sound. I guess that could be due to the exhaust. But.....Wow!!! It sounds healthy.
                  My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by DWYER
                    That has got to be one of the smoothest 3350s I have ever heard. It has a one of a kind sound. I guess that could be due to the exhaust. But.....Wow!!! It sounds healthy.
                    I had assumed the sound was just due to the fact that its running WAY more power than any other 3350 out there other than Rare Bear (and Bear's exhaust setup is so different that its not a good comparison). It could also be the fuel injection has something to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X