Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Franklin Gone but not Forgotten

Hi guys,
    Yes we try to go through our programs even if the schedules are now so vague we have to also buy or borrow the newspapers schedule. Did anyone else notice that although finally on Sunday we were told about the dedication of this years program to the late Art Vance, shouldn’t he have been mentioned in the Eternal Flights part of the program. Yes we found his dedication in the center later.
    My husband and I were hurt that they also didn’t mention Jimmy Franklin, who though passed in about July of 2005, It appeared it was too late to get in last years program. One of our fellow spectators asked us this year why he wasn’t flying anymore! These are people of note and interest to us as spectators. These are people of have performed for us so many times over the years. These are people due our respect and remembrance.
    Of all the persons listed in this Eternal flights this year most were internal personal in RARA, and though no less deserving in being remembered. How many of us buying our $15 programs knew their names? Even Honey the RARA mascot dog got a personal remembrance of her passing! I think that all past performers deserve recognition.
    There are a very few Air Show Performers that are not my personally favorite. There are some we enjoy every bit as much as the races. But all are there to entertain us. All deserve to be remembered by us as much as passed Racers.
    Sorry to whine. This and the Thunderbird jets engines being drowned out by their multi decibel choreographed music‘, were our two major peeves this year. Maybe none of my favorites took the golds, and maybe Friday was cool.. cold! But everyone came in safe. And everyone did there best to entertain us, win for us. It’s sooo very long until next year!
    Attached Files
    What part of 'Air Race FAN-atic' do you not understand?
    Like the chips - You can't attend just one!

Re: Jimmy Franklin Gone but not Forgotten

Bingo---I too had a fellow spectator ask about Jimmy Franklin. There should have been some mention of his passing both last year and this year.

Comment

Yeah. They shoulda done somethin for him.
      http://96lt4.com/smileys/linet50.gif

Comment

Wow, that is a great point. Jimmy built one of his largest fan-bases at Reno. I am surprised RARA would forget him so soon.
        _________
        -Matt
        Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Working...
        X