Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks to everyone for their help with TOR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to everyone for their help with TOR!

Thanks to everyone for their support. I'm sorry I missed the GOP. I'm sorry I missed my appointment with Section3guy. Extremely busy trying to make the movie. Very special thanks to Wayner and all that that implies (sorry you didn't make the Bronco trip, I promise to have less camera stuff next time, in fact why don't you show the aafo-ers the picture of me in the Bronc').

Ultra-amazing thanks to: Ron Bucarelli (a fine aviator and actor who continues to tell me I've got balls for hanging out of the back of the Bronco..), Mike Brown, Will Whiteside (for flying near MCA for nearly an hour so we could get the great shots!), Bob Button, Jimmy Leeward, and Bob Odegaard (for flying so close to the Bronco I could hear his engine over the Bronc' and through the headset...you should see the pictures... ) and all their crews. Many other teams lent their support and services to us without hesitation (well not much anyways), you know who you are and I cannot say thanks enough.

Finally, thanks to you the photographers,reporters and fans. Your care and passion for the sport is why we are here. While I'm officially done shooting in Reno for TOR, you can expect me to be stinking up Pylon 8 next year with my ol' Mamiya 645. I hope to see you there, or at some other place and time.

P.S. The trailer should be up soon on the TOR website (so I'm told).

OK Wayne roll that beautiful Bronco footage...
    Jerry Beck II
    Director of Photography
    1st. Asst. Director
    Thunder Over Reno

Re: Thanks to everyone for their help with TOR!

maybe we can hook up for the sequel....
    we can call it thunder over section 3
    well it was nice meeting you and watching a few scenes being filmed
    www.renosection3.com

Comment

Originally posted by TOR_DP
      Thanks to everyone for their support. I'm sorry I missed the GOP. I'm sorry I missed my appointment with Section3guy. Extremely busy trying to make the movie. Very special thanks to Wayner and all that that implies (sorry you didn't make the Bronco trip, I promise to have less camera stuff next time, in fact why don't you show the aafo-ers the picture of me in the Bronc').
      LOL.. ewe want that shot with the "wild" let me out of here look posted??? Gotta get my mobile office set back up again.. (ever see seven USB devices hooked to a 5 plug strip, daisychained to a Dell laptop before???) I'll dig it out and put it up!!

Ultra-amazing thanks to: Ron Bucarelli (a fine aviator and actor who continues to tell me I've got balls for hanging out of the back of the Bronco..)
      Oh God.. I could tell ya stories!! Man, if you did go outta that thing with the Bologna Slicer right behind ya... well....

I will reference a quick story about a photographer who was up doing a session with Ron in PM and the photog in the back of a T-6... the photog wore cameras like Mr T wore chains... long story short... one strap got fouled in the quick release belt, switch of cameras unhooked belt in some fairly active late afternoon Stead bumps.. camera guy went from confident, belted in dood to... well in Ron's words.. "in a second, he went from shooting pictures to a look of abject terror"..

You get "light in the seat" (a tall order for this particular shooter, btw) when you hit the bumps and if you're loose in the belt, you'll feel yourself floating up a bit and it is disconcerting, at the least.. unhook the belt in that situation and your inner child will tell ya, it's all over baby!

So...

Soooo glad your'e not sliced meat Mr. Cameramandood!!!

See ya at the Premier or sooner my new found friend!!

Wayner
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Section3guy
        maybe we can hook up for the sequel....
        we can call it thunder over section 3
        well it was nice meeting you and watching a few scenes being filmed
        Speaking of Section3... Just got an email from Mitch.. he needs two Section3 T's to film final scene....

Don't have size info yet, would it be possible???

Lemme know.

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

i have a few......
          www.renosection3.com

Comment

do you still need the shirts?
            www.renosection3.com

Comment

Originally posted by Section3guy
              do you still need the shirts?
              As far as I know...

Let me get more info and I'll PM you an address to send them to..

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

When will the trailer be released? I've read of people already seeing it but it's not on the movie website. Will it be on this site or any where else soon? Maybe I'm just being impatient but with whats been said about the footage that's "in the can" I'm salivating! Please let us know when and where. TIA

Comment

Wayner!

Please don't forget about my beautiful picture...

The folks at home barely believe I do this sort of thing...

Perhaps I should butter you up a bit... ahem...

Wayne.

Oh well dressed and powerful man that you are.

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please,

Post the picture of me in my cool goggles...

Ever in your subservientessness.

Jer
                  Jerry Beck II
                  Director of Photography
                  1st. Asst. Director
                  Thunder Over Reno

Comment

OK Wayne roll that beautiful Bronco footage...
                    LOL

Mitch just called.. told me to get off my arse and get him his poster shots!!

(jusssst kidding) actually I have about a day and a half to get it done...

Well.. I have others but unless Mitch wants em in the poster.. I don't have time right now to dig em out..

Hummn... couple might make it good in the poster... "additional features" to be sure!!

You going to ND next week?

Wayne
                    Attached Files
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks there chief!

ND is being handled by others......

But its all good!

NOW GET BACK TO WORK ON THOSE POSTERS!

Jerry Beck II
                      Director of Photography
                      1st. Asst. Director
                      Thunder Over Reno

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        When will the trailer be released? I've read of people already seeing it but it's not on the movie website. Will it be on this site or any where else soon? Maybe I'm just being impatient but with whats been said about the footage that's "in the can" I'm salivating! Please let us know when and where. TIA
                        *Someone* managed to get it up on a site where it should not have gone and for a few hours yesterday, your's truly hosed his assignment and also had it where it should not be on the TOR site.

The reason the trailer is not being shown is that it's not the final version and as such, it's more for internal viewing. That it's exciting is an understatement. The full on version *should* be available sometime week after next.

Sorry, but good things come to those who wait.

I will say one thing.. someone else who managed to see it told me in their opinion, from what they saw, the plot would not matter a bit as long as we get to see this footage!

That's an unsolicited opinion from someone who just happened to see it.

Yes, my friends, what Mitch and company have done IS that good!

Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                          the plot would not matter a bit as long as we get to see this footage!

That's an unsolicited opinion from someone who just happened to see it.

Yes, my friends, what Mitch and company have done IS that good!
                          I'll admit that the flying footage looks pretty cool in the trailer. I'm still trying to figure out the shot of Natasha Yi wearing the helmet that is WAY too big for her and not fitted, with no chin strap, and no microphone saying "Are you nuts?" Surely that can't be a shot of her "flying".

I dig the shot of the dude waving the checkered flag, though -- very Skyfire-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
                            I dig the shot of the dude waving the checkered flag, though -- very Skyfire-ish.
                            I'm Ram Francis.......

Comment

Thats the view I saw at 50 feet over the hills. SCARY!!!!!!!!!
                              Will Whiteside

Comment

Working...
                              X