Thunder Over Reno - The Trailer!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder Over Reno - The Trailer!!!

I have seen the short trailer for TOR and I've got the goosebump scars to prove it!

I can't get permission to show it here, yet....

We were discussing something in the movie office at Stead day before yesterday as shooting wrapped.. There is no CG in this film!

Unlike most aviation movies, Thunder Over Reno will be 99% live action versus CG.. there may be a very few scenes, one, perhaps as I've been told, that will involve some manipulation.

Other than that, this thing is all real and from the little that I saw, it's HOT HOT HOT!!!!

They have some of the most amazing stuff ever filmed at Reno from hat helo that was out there all week!

Can't wait for this to release!!!!!

Congratulations to Mitch, Rob, Robert the rest of the crew and cast and everyone involved with making what looks to be a SUPER movie!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

-Danger Sarcasm-

Like all of you I'm excited about anything air racing.
    Since you seem to be plugged in Wayne, I have a couple of questions.

1 How does the '80s new wave hair fit into the story?
    2 What's up with the yellow football helmets?

Comment

Re: -Danger Sarcasm-

Originally posted by BadIdea
      Like all of you I'm excited about anything air racing.
      Since you seem to be plugged in Wayne, I have a couple of questions.

1 How does the '80s new wave hair fit into the story?
      2 What's up with the yellow football helmets?
      Didn't you hear? Soundtrack by Flock of Seagulls!!!

Comment

Re: Thunder Over Reno - The Trailer!!!

Can't wait to see it but I still have a bad feeling about this movie.
        http://96lt4.com/smileys/linet50.gif

Comment

no fair teasing us
          www.renosection3.com

Comment

Originally posted by VR-92
            Can't wait to see it but I still have a bad feeling about this movie.
            Why is that? (I think I know)

Jarrod

Comment

Wayne, is this the same one that was being shown at the Reno tent at Oshkosh?

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu
                Why is that? (I think I know)

Jarrod

I just don't trust a hollywood script but I don't want to be negative. Hopefully the air to air shots will make up for it.
                http://96lt4.com/smileys/linet50.gif

Comment

Actually not a Hollywood script, but a Central Ohio script!

Probably just menusha...
                  Jerry Beck II
                  Director of Photography
                  1st. Asst. Director
                  Thunder Over Reno

Comment

Wayne, any chance of you being able to post a few of the shots you were taking in the PM pits Sunday evening
                    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                    My Photos
                    My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                      I have seen the short trailer for TOR and I've got the goosebump scars to prove it!

I can't get permission to show it here, yet....

We were discussing something in the movie office at Stead day before yesterday as shooting wrapped.. There is no CG in this film!

Unlike most aviation movies, Thunder Over Reno will be 99% live action versus CG.. there may be a very few scenes, one, perhaps as I've been told, that will involve some manipulation.

Other than that, this thing is all real and from the little that I saw, it's HOT HOT HOT!!!!

They have some of the most amazing stuff ever filmed at Reno from hat helo that was out there all week!

Can't wait for this to release!!!!!

Congratulations to Mitch, Rob, Robert the rest of the crew and cast and everyone involved with making what looks to be a SUPER movie!

I have the trailer sitting here on my laptop as well. I echo what Wayne has said. Looks fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by TOR_DP
                        Actually not a Hollywood script, but a Central Ohio script!

Probably just menusha...
                        Jerry, Were you on the American Eagle 7:35 PM to LAX (Delayed to 9:00) Sunday evening. There were a number of film crew members on the flight. Peas
                        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                          Jerry, Were you on the American Eagle 7:35 PM to LAX (Delayed to 9:00) Sunday evening. There were a number of film crew members on the flight. Peas
                          I was! Wish I had known you were on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                            Shoulda flown Horizon Our 7:35 left on-time.
                            Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

LOL, you guys (gals) KILL ME!!!

Plot... we don't need no stinkin plot!!! (not that this movie does not have a good one)

Script??? Who gives a $hit about script!!! (again, not that this movie does not have a great one!)

Hair???? (who could not like Hawk's locks!)

WTF... nobody ever cares when I get lazy and let my mop fly greasy during Reno week!!

Hey.... here's the gig... Mitch wrote a "MOVIE" and it's aimed to appeal to Hollywood MARKETEERS as well as the target audience of those MARKETEERS all the world over.... and guess what folks..

That audience is NOT us over the hill old fossils who manage our money (so we can spend it at Reno doing our favorite thing) and nit pick every second of every foot of every production done at Reno about our beloved sport. (including SkyFire who, for years, were the only folks doing ANYTHING at Reno)

For the sake of argument, let's say Mitch wrote a "docudrama".. tracked down some big Hollywood name to play Bill Destefani and another, equally big name Hollywood talent to play, say.... Lyle Shelton. Then wrapped up a bunch of really accurate dialoge between the two and a bunch of other actors with really accurate wardrobe and such...

Now all the money in the budget would go to the talent and... hummn... let's get some action shots at Reno.. oh hell, send it to the computer guys, let's just do it in cyberspace... we don't need no stinkin dirty airplanes to make an airplane movie!!!!!!!

**ahem**

If you guys who are going to throw darts at this movie are looking for a docudrama, or a documentary... save your money, go see something else..

When I first read the script, I questioned Mitch about the accuracy factor and his very quick response was.. "it's a STORY... we're making a MOVIE"...

Folks.. Air racing as a documentary does not sell tickets... (been there, done that, it don't sell!)

A movie about two good looking healthy young American kids living a dream, which happens to have our favorite sport as a background (and a damn thrilling one at that) DOES sell tickets.

If this movie sells tickets and makes a younger audience aware of Air Racin'...

Guess what.....

We've won a MAJOR battle in keeping this fantastic slice of Americana alive for the NEXT generation to enjoy...

Accuracy buffs.. lay down next to the pod... it doesn't hurt...

Thunder Over Reno is a movie... it's got some of, oh hell, it's got the BEST footage ever shot at Reno in the can! Since the last time anything was shot there in a large way, technology has progressed and the gyro cam on that chopper got some stuff that will knock your socks off and, more importantly... HOPEFULLY, knock off the collective socks of a young theater going audience and the guys who buy movies to distribute and sell to them!

Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X