Race weekend Turnout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race weekend Turnout

It's pretty hard to find news on the Air Races. This was my 6th attended race.... I have a few questions though.

I want this event to keep going, but I know that costs make it tougher and tougher. Does anyone know the estimated attendence to this years event. Although Friday was miserable, saturday looked well attended. (unfortunately I did not attend Sunday's event) Crowds are revenue and big crowds bring the potential for sponsorship, so I'm curious if anyone has information on this.

Another question. What are the rules for the unlimited gold? Do the engines have to be old stock block based? For example, are Strega's ringer race engines based off an original stock p51 motor?

Forgive me for my weird questions, but with what happened to Rare Bear, MM, Super Corsair, Strega, Dago Red and the voodoo I want to see these people run this last iconic event for a long time to come. It is so amazing to witness and hear.

Great year even with all the planes that had problems.

Re: Race weekend Turnout

While I don't know any numbers. Sunday looked to have a good crowd from where I was.

Also, on the financial side. Vendors pay %25 of their sales to RARA.

LP

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk
      While I don't know any numbers. Sunday looked to have a good crowd from where I was.

Also, on the financial side. Vendors pay %25 of their sales to RARA.

LP
      I heard 80,000 as a number on the news Sunday night. I don't know what an average # would be. Might be in the program somewhere?
      Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

I don't know about attendance number, but I can say that at the Heritage Invitational we ran out of ballots for the People's Choice award.
        About 8,000 people cast ballots..way more than years past. So that's a good indication that the general attendance numbers were good.
        BTW: Great seeing you Wayne and Linda--although just for a short time..
        We had all fun mixed in with the work--too much fun..ha..now back to regular job to rest! ha!

Comment

Reno Gazette Journal had estimated over 200,000 for the week. That was when the races started, and before the cold days in the middle. I'm only going off what I could find online. There has been nothing online with final attendance that I'm aware of. I've seen nothing on RARA's site either. Anyone else?
          Mike S
          www.indyairshow.com
          www.indytransponder.com

Comment

Working...
          X