Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited Bronze Sunday

Unofficial:

Super Corsair maydays on lap 7 (white flag lap) after doing an awesome job pulling into 1st place. The problem yesterday was they broke a spark plug. No word on what happened today, but he landed under power. He was pushing pretty hard.

Polar Bear won.

Sparky

Shiska Suka

Wild Cat
    Strega Fan

Re: Unlimited Bronze Sunday

That pass was nice wasn't it? I was more than a little bummed to see Bob declare a mayday and pull out, It would have been REALLY sweet to see a Super Corsair in the winners circle.
    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
    My Photos
    My Ride

Comment

Walked by the Super Corsair pit. Bob said the problem today was with the supercharger.
      Strega Fan

Comment

Is #57 ok, i sure hope everything came out allright, and is it going to be able to make it back home ok. 57 is such a GREAT aircraft, some of us are just a little concerned about it. Thanks for any info you all can give.

Comment

Originally posted by tex-fan
          Is #57 ok, i sure hope everything came out allright, and is it going to be able to make it back home ok. 57 is such a GREAT aircraft, some of us are just a little concerned about it. Thanks for any info you all can give.
          Talked with Gerry Beck... "it's making metal"

Engine will come off.

But as he said.."we didn't scratch her"...

All's good!

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I talked with Bob for quite a while in our display area and he said the blower section went away. He said all of a sudden the power decreased and he was pushed foward in his straps.

He is not able to take it home, they will have to pull the engine to change that out.

Comment

A shot of Saturday's work load.

Dan
              Attached Files

Comment

any one know if 57 will be back next year???
                hopefully this didnt scare him from air racing
                more likely he has the bug now
                www.renosection3.com

Comment

Anybody else find it interesting that the pass on Polar Bear happened right in front of the camera chopper? And why were the other planes moved up to the Silver?

Please tell me the fix wasn't in, because something definitely smelled rotten in Denmark on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Exfokkerflyer
                    Anybody else find it interesting that the pass on Polar Bear happened right in front of the camera chopper? And why were the other planes moved up to the Silver?
                    Funny you said that; my brother and I were watching from the pits and said the exact same thing. Conspiracy theorists unite!!
                    _________
                    -Matt
                    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Did anybody notice that the Wildcat's canopy was open and the pilot was giving the "V" sign as he got the checkered flag at the end of the bronze race on Sunday???

Comment

We all noticed "the pass" right in front of the camera copter as well. Looked to me like a happy accident, but it could not have been better timed or planned if they tried. Wouldn't bother me if it was. It was a pleasure seeing #57 'round the sticks. Hope to see them back next year.
                        Attached Files
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I guess it was true, the fix was in. On another thread on here it was stated that the helicopter that was taking video of the unlimited races was doing so for the TOR movie (which will no doubt go STRAIGHT to DVD if they are lucky... otherwise Betamax). That would explain why the pass with the Corsair happened right in front of the camera, and why he backed off in the Valley of Speed right before that, and why they had a smaller field of racers, and why others who didn't win, were bumped up to Silver.

I know the movie could, assuming anybody but us on this forum go see it, do the sport some good. But did they have to fix a race on Sunday? We only have one Sunday a year, why do it then? They had all week... they had PRS...

It stinks, it just does. But maybe I'm the only one that cares.

Tom M.

Comment

Working...
                          X