Saturday Bronze Unlimited Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Bronze Unlimited Results

Merlin's Magic pulled out (see Wayne's post)

Odegaard aborted takeoff in Super Corsair; no word on why yet! I was really looking forward to seeing him race!

Will Whiteside in his NEW Yak 3 took an early lead- the Allison engine sounds Sweet!

Followed closely by Lady Jo

I'd love to have the view that the chopper filming thunder Over Reno has!
    Strega Fan

Re: Saturday Bronze Unlimited Results

Any word yet on the F2G Corsair abort?

Maybe they just wanted to go home with a Suinday Bronze Trophy this year, or they needed the film/audio footage of it winning a Sunday race for the movie?

Will is doing a super job his first year with STEADFAST!

BTW, it is a Pratt & Whitney R-2000 radial making that music and not an Allison. That's okay though.
    Jim McKinstry's Yak 3 does have an Allison V-1710. They qualified at 313.389.

P.S. Once you are done reading this post and from now on afterwards when you see "BTW" think "Blue Thunder Wins"

Comment

I thought the anouncers said Steadfast had an Allison, but you're right, it's clearly a radial.

I didn't hear anything more on Super Corsair, but they ran it up a few times at the end of the day, so there's hope.

One other item I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else: Voodoo is done. I had hoped for better since Bob took it up for a test flight this morning at 7 am. I didn't hear what is wrong.
      Strega Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Red Bonanza
        I thought the anouncers said Steadfast had an Allison, but you're right, it's clearly a radial.

I didn't hear anything more on Super Corsair, but they ran it up a few times at the end of the day, so there's hope.

One other item I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else: Voodoo is done. I had hoped for better since Bob took it up for a test flight this morning at 7 am. I didn't hear what is wrong.
        Voodoo strted making metal on the earky A.M. flight. Bob told me it is bearing damage simiar to what Strega had last year, but the motor s easily repairable, no ajor damage.

Comment

Interresting.............

So..........what they are saying is that it is allegedly having the same problem that "Strega" had last year with both engines, which is the same problem that the first "Voodoo" engine had earlier this month while running on the test truck that they blamed on Roush.

Only problem is, Roush never touched this crankcase!!

Can't wait till next year..... maybe Button will be sporting a new T-shirt that says "I don't know Jack about racing Merlins"!!!!

Glenn

Comment

Does anyone have pic on race 22.

Comment

Warbirdaeropress does.

Comment

Working...
              X