Not "Mayday's"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not "Mayday's"

Today was COLD.. a lot COLDER than the last few days..

Some "Stuff" happened and I dug in to get the best explanation I could from the participants..

Jimmy's Pull Out (notice, I did not call it a mayday) Jimmy told me that his throttle friction lock disengaged.. he thought the engine quit on him, after some wiggling and maybe some "off course" excursions, he pulled up abruptly to figure things out. At some point in all this, he noticed that he was at idle power.

Needless to say.. he's ready for Saturday and Sunday. The airplane is OK, Jimmy's in good spirits and ready for action!

GOOOO JIMMY!!! (one of the nicest men here btw!)

Voodoo's aborted take off in today's last Unlimited race: Again.. it's COLD here.. The engine did not like the ADF settings and coughed too much on TO.. Button, wisely, decided to abort...

Tiger's NOT A MAYDAY!: Same thing.. pretty much.. but then we're talking the great master.. "she's gotta run for me" is all he said when I asked him if he was gonna give us a seventh win at Reno adding "it'd be nice".. but once again pointing to the airplane and saying "she's gotta want it"..

Strega is Bill "Tiger" Destefani's friend/lover/partner.. If "she's" got it in her, our friend and guy we all adimre will make it happen on Sunday.

Is there drama and poker playing going on here on this VERY chilly Friday at Reno..

You DAMN WELL bet there is!

If you have not planned on getting here..

TOO FRIGGIN BAD ON Ya!

You're gonna have to rely on us to give ya the info as it happens and we can get it to ya's!

To ALL of you I've gotten a chance to say hello to on the ramp...

Thanks for taking the time to visit!!

Got some assignments with the movie company tomorrow and Sunday.. will do my best to keep the info flowing!

Blackberry reporters.. if ya have a story, be polite, wait for the right moment and ASK the sources! Tell em we sent ya!

Wayner
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"
Working...
X