Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY 7 pulled out

Any one know why Strega pulled out ????

(I don't really know what is true and what is not. Since I'm not in Reno and have limited access to a computer right now )

WH
    W.Hughes

Re: WHY 7 pulled out

I have no idea, while on the back stretch he pulled up but never claimed a mayday. Someone asked him on the radio and he stated "No mayday, I repeat no mayday". I left after MB took the race...... Sorry...

Comment

The Strega guys weren't saying much. There were those observers who figured Bill was saving the engine. They were busy pulling all the engine panels off after the race.
      Joe

Comment

What I heard from a source I trust 100% is that Tiger was following his plan. He is in the show, he is familiar with the course, so he will go after brown on Sunday. There was no problem with 7. Once again a rumor from a source I belive 100%
        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
        Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

I'm guessing that Tiger is playing it a bit conservative after engine failures his last 2 tries. We were there tonight immediately after they drained the oil, but I didn't see them checking the screens. (Probably a secret session inside the trailer). They were going over the motor meticulously though, checking inside all the exhaust headers, and going over every inch of the engine with a small flashlight. Whether or not they were looking for anything specific I don't know. Once again the airplane looks spotless, and there are no obvious signs of panic in the crew, although who knows if they found something after we left.

Much the same thing was going on in the September Fury pits. The engine area looks spotless and the mechanics were just checking all the fasteners, exhaust stacks, ect. This crew looks just as confident as when some of them were running Dago.

I've rarely seen pure racers that appear more ready than these two. Hopefully they'l hang together one more day and we'll have another round vs. inline showdown come Sunday. (Just like those classic Strega/Bear duels of the '90s).

Comment

Yes and those duels were so cool to witness. All the more reason to pout here in Texas......... Gosh I wish I was there..
            Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Working...
            X