Thursday UNL medallion lineup...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday UNL medallion lineup...

The following planes are on the ramp to start the medallion in 30 minutes. Cool and Windy on the field.

Precious Metal
    Super Corsair
    Air Bisquit
    Shishka Suka
    Lady-Jo
    Sparky
    Polar Bear

Looks like the top six will get to rest today...according to the 2006 program only positions #7 thru #27 race on Thursday.

Jim

Re: Thursday UNL medallion lineup...

cool, I'll take pm for the win.

Comment

Gambling instincts like that and not in Reno?

Comment

Thanks Glider 90. Appreciate the info. from the ramp. Sorry to hear about Dago, but we'll take PM and the Griffon as a worthy sub. for the Mustang fans

Comment

Is there still "eye candy" in the Dago pit?
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

scepter, you just lost buddy. 1st place f2g, 2nd place precious metal.

ron did have to make up the entire field though...

*correction, f2g made a deadline cut, my apologies.
            Last edited by matt; 09-14-2006, 05:06 PM.
            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by matt

*correction, f2g made a deadline cut, my apologies.
              Does that put PM in first??? If Ron holds in there he could do pretty good between 405-410 in the gold.

Comment

It looked to me like Ron tapped up the throttle each lap during the race. He would have caught Odegard in another lap. Lots of film crew guys in the PM pit.
                Sky Critter

Comment

Perhaps Ron 'let' Super Corsair win so he would not have to race PM until Saturday? He can still theoretically bump into the gold from a bronze start on Saturday.

The race progression out of the Medallion is a bit confusing, but all explained in the rules on the RARA web site (which also has all the race results from today posted, and viewable by me for the first time).

Anyway all of the top 27 will race (or at least be eligible to race) again Sunday. The further back you finish in the Medallion the longer you wait to be 'bumped in', as the heat races grow in size each day, to three heats of 9 for Sunday.

1st place Medallion flies the bronze Friday (#57, or #38 with the deadline infraction on #57).
                  2nd thru 4th (#38 or #57, #35, #44) Medallion will bump into the 8 plane Bronze on Saturday .
                  5th thru 7th Medallion will bump into the 9 plane Bronze on Sunday.

Of course attrition and non-starts can jumble this further. Make sense? It all might by Sunday.

At least we had a clean day of racing today, no major maydays, it seems everyone is still in
                  ~Jim

Comment

Originally posted by FNG
                    Does that put PM in first??? If Ron holds in there he could do pretty good between 405-410 in the gold.
                    it does, it was a pretty gnarly deadline cut. but i was VERY surprised at how much bob through the throttle up on her, that f2g was MOVING.
                    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by Missileer
                      So what happens to 57? Will she still be racing come Saturday when I can FINALLY get there???
                      Should be, as long as she stays healthy. RARA currently shows #57 winning the medallion, but either way the top four in the medallion will be on the course Saturday.
                      The only question right now is who races Friday, #57 or #38

Comment

Working...
                      X