DAGO RED ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAGO RED ???????

OK, maybe I'm just missing it, but is Dago Red going to get to race or not? The RARA says Surer Corsair The Healer and Tempus Fugit "conditional-may race to fill feild" but Dago is no where to be seen. So has any one gotten the REAL word? [fingers crossed]

Re: DAGO RED ???????

wait and see.If they race today then we will all know. Heat 1c is at 12:20 today.

the rules
    Last edited by SCEPTER; 09-14-2006, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Just seen this on MustangsMustangs site...

http://www.mustangsmustangs.net/theh...hp?topic=822.0

Brad

Comment

That other site said "standing down" for this year, that's NOT what we all wanted to hear. Well, here's hoping all the rest of the racers have a SAFE and compeitive week. Keep the updates coming, you guys are GREAT.

Comment

Can any of our on-field reporters confirm this??? It's 10:20 am Reno time and the other site reported that Dago Red stood down as of 7:30 am. That's almost three hours ago and I would have thought that news would have been posted here if true.

Comment

What I have heard from a number of people is that Dago Red will not be racing. I have heard (RUMOR ALERT! RUMOR ALERT!) that engine number 2 is making metal. Please take the above for what it is worth.
            Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
            Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Dago Red ran there engine for 20 plus minutes at midnight last night....at flight power settings...
              This morning I spoke with a pit crew member and he confirmed Dago Red not flying in the show! He could not say why..

The last Unlimited heat race ended 30 seconds ago,..and sure enough no Dago Red, in any event today...

Comment

Originally posted by tex-fan
                OK, maybe I'm just missing it, but is Dago Red going to get to race or not? The RARA says Surer Corsair The Healer and Tempus Fugit "conditional-may race to fill feild" but Dago is no where to be seen. So has any one gotten the REAL word? [fingers crossed]
                Dago is out. They had a check valve, or two, fail and sucked water into the engine. As I understand it, this was their 2nd engine. They posted a qualifying speed of 455.XXX MPH and then called a mayday and put her to bed on Wednesday. Races could be good this year with the top two contenders being out of the game.

Comment

Terry Bland told me today, that she was out for the year due to making metal.
                  Tony

Comment

confirmed...
                    first engine--check valve problem
                    second engine--making metal

will be back next year

Comment

Does this mean that Terry Bland has agreed to another lend-lease agreement with Dan Martin and Mike Barrow? Or is DR coming back with a different pilot and crew?

Comment

WITH DAN MARTIN?

Comment

Working...
                        X