okay, quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• okay, quick question

If RB is out and PM didn't qualify, can PM be in the show.....

Re: okay, quick question

It is possible to get in the show without qualifying an aircraft IF it was previously registered to race. RARA has rules in place to allow this. On the other hand, I believe the Bear did qualify in the gold and it is possible, however unlikely, it could still race.

Comment

I am going to answer what I was told today. It may turn out to be wrong but....

I think if the Unlimited class has any spots left open after qualifying, they can earn their way into the big races by racing and placing no farther back than 3rd in the early races.

Anyone with more details?

Don
      Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
      Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

Thanks, bearhauler, does anyone know why she didn't attempt to qualify at all???

Comment

I'm just guessing here.. but I would say these 2 points would have something to do with it

1, The good Doc is/was flying the Bear...

2, PM is being a movie star this year (along with a couple of other air craft).

Comment

Originally posted by BearHauler
            I am going to answer what I was told today. It may turn out to be wrong but....

I think if the Unlimited class has any spots left open after qualifying, they can earn their way into the big races by racing and placing no farther back than 3rd in the early races.

Anyone with more details?

Don
            That about sums it up. If there are any openings in the field, you start in the slowest heat and work your way up. My understanding is three is the correct number for Thursday's medallion race (one will move up from silver, 2 will move up from bronze). For any aircraft to make the show without qualifying there must be a slot available either through attrition or other pilots have to stand down.
            JJ

Comment

The Bear did call for the clock and, as far as I know, finished both laps before it suffered the meltdown. I was told it was the second fastest qualifier but I have not seen the "official" results.
              JJ

Comment

Originally posted by Wilnit
                does anyone know why she didn't attempt to qualify at all???
                Ron B was flying the Bear this year. You may be seeing her (PM) now I have been told. We will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings for PM. It would be nice to see her racing.

Don
                Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
                Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

Yeah, everyone has to see PM!!!

WRL

Comment

The Bear was No 2 qualifier. I hope PM will race its place (starting in Bronze of course), but we will see what tomorrow brings.
                    No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                    http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

There is a RACE READY 3350 sitting in Auburn, CA, just a couple hours away if Lyle can talk the Dwelle's into loaning it out. That would stir things up a bit,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
                        There is a RACE READY 3350 sitting in Auburn, CA, just a couple hours away if Lyle can talk the Dwelle's into loaning it out. That would stir things up a bit,

Dave
                        Dave, nice thought.. .talked with crew from both sides.. it ain't gonna happen, though, it'd be a dream come true wouldn't it!

As for what's gonna happen tomorrow morning. As of now, plans are for Dago to enter the "Medallion" race in the morning.. if she can win it.. (should be a breeze) she'll be putting time on the motor getting ready for later.. which would be, bumping up to the Silver and, hopefully, winning that.

Which would put Danny and Dago in last place starting position for Friday's Gold race... Least I think that's how it "melt's down"

Above plans are from a conversation with Eric Martin tonight in the pits.

Now, the spoiler here, could be.. Nobody I've talked to is sure on the rules on this.. Ron B., since he qualed RB (whazzit, second) could he take that slot and, frankly (sorry Ron) WASTE it with PM?

If Ron B. DOES do this, assuming it's legal, I think he'd be doing the sport a great injustice and would never be forgiven by the fans!

He had his shot in Rare Bear.. it didn't work out. Now, the "HEART" has shifted to the Dago Red camp.. they've shown they have it, they put in a new motor, they are READY to fight the big fight to get from the bottom to the top.

This is the DRAMA of the year folks..

Can Danny Martin do it?

Let's see..

IT STARTS TOMORROW MORNING!

BE THERE!

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                        X