Special Thanks To Field Reporters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Thanks To Field Reporters!

Hey guyz and galz... Would just like to offer a special thanks to everyone who has Internet access out there (not sure how you're doing it!) for putting up the reports.

You're doing a bang up job!

I'm stuck in the "office" (I truly bring my entire office with me here) doing client work and image processing (very time consuming) and may not even make it out there until after the last race is run today... so I too am out of the loop for today...

Thanks again!!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Special Thanks To Field Reporters!

Wayne, Thank You for giving us a place to view it!!!!!

Comment

Yes, I also want to give everyone a "BIG Thank You" for all the reports. I will be in Reno around 9:30am Thursday and out to the field around noon, but I fill like I'm already there with all the Great Reports. Thank again everyone.
      Jay Smith

Comment

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaayne....don't you go blowing YOUR engine, so you won't have anything left for the weekend!!! Make sure to take care of yourself - top priority!
        We'll be heading out Friday morning - let me know if I can do anything until then. I'm looking forward to FINALLY meeting in person - HA!
        Terri

Comment

save something for Thurs Night!

Mike

Comment

This is my first post here, though I've been lurking (and going to Reno) since 2000! Just test-posting for now; but when I'm in Reno on Sat & Sun I'll try to post some updates from my PDA-phone.

Thanks for the updates in the meantime, everyone!
            Strega Fan

Comment

OK...Since my coal-burnin' B-52 has to..........fly THIS weekend..
              the importance of field reporting has jumped to the fore-front!!!!
              Folks- my DEEPEST Thanks for some of the most outstanding work I've seen! You guys make C** look like amateurs!
              Keep up the good work and thanks again!!!!!

Vicariously.....
              Oliver
              Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Bonanza
                This is my first post here, though I've been lurking (and going to Reno) since 2000! Just test-posting for now; but when I'm in Reno on Sat & Sun I'll try to post some updates from my PDA-phone.

Thanks for the updates in the meantime, everyone!
                Hey Red.. welcome to the frey...

I can not tell you guys/gals how much all of us appreciate the field reporting this year!

With all the PDA/Blackberry phones out there, we can't hope to keep up with you guys on the speed of reporting "stuff"

One thing I'm gonna ask all of you. One of the crew guys tonight asked me to ask all of you to be really careful about reporting "rumors"...

A LOT of stuff floats around the pits, lots of it is mis-information.. Try to keep that in mind when you think about hitting the send button.

At least, one of the crew guys, Eric Martin, asked me to tell you to.. Ask him, directly.. his shirt says "Eric Martin" on it.. Wait for the right time (when he's got a second) and clarify information with him if you have a Dago "Fact" before posting.

I'd also suggest, the first rule in "field reporting" is.. get to the source!

I've personally witnessed a statement from a crew member at the "flag line" in the pits being passed back. It started something like "He hit a bird, it probably didn't go into the intake" (those of you familiar with this year of racing probably know what I'm talking about) I watched this statement get passed from the guy who heard it, to the guy behind him, from there to the guy behind that guy and on.. by the time it went through about four layers of folks trying to hear what happened it had turned into a VERY factual statement that went something like.. "He hit a bird and the engine is toast"..

SO.. feel free and VERY welcome to post stuff that you have pretty good sources on here.. but..

Be good reporters.. Consider the source before you hit "post this message"

We all get tons of "information" each year.. be sensible and discrete and you'll have passed the first test of being a true pit reporter!

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

As a veteran race fan ( I have been attending since 1980) its great to get "eye witness" reporting from the folks that are lucky enough to be there. I am not getting allot of work done but its getting me primed for the weekend! See you all at the field on Saturday!

Comment

Wayne,
                    As always, Thank you for doing a great job reporting the news that is the news. Since I have decided to stand down and just watch this has been my best source of information, Other than cell phone calls with my dad which have been good also. But once again, thank you. and Hey did you notice I found my log-in code. Will wonders never cease.

The one area that Wayne and I talked about before that did not get mentioned here is if there is an accident or some other occurence that would be brutal for someones family member to read about on the internet, please respect the "Names withheld pending family notification".
                    Years Back I got a phone call from someone that happened to be at the Tsunami crash site, when the accident occurred and the phone calls coming out originally identified Skip as the pilot, a few minutes later after people who knew Skip, friends and family were already in a panic. the second wave of phone calls came out changing the information to J.R. being the pilot. Just make sure your facts are correct. Either way a lot of us knew both Skip and Jack and it was an emotional roller coaster to say the least.
                    John Slack

Comment

John..

DITTO to that!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

Blackberry warriors.. While we're all (me included) enjoying the stuff you guys are digging out.. Trust me when I say this. ALL of the racers would rather take a second to talk with you than see you post something that is not correct.

One racer has stated in public on this forum to "ask him" before posting something.

I *think* that if you are all polite and use your discretion (meaning WAIT for the right moment) ask the right folks, you'll get REAL information.

And, if the info is not "right" and say, Tiger tells it to ya.. your Tiger told us "bla bla bla" quote will be directly from da man!

Loving what you guys and your TOMORROW commo stuff is doing here!

I remember, not so very long ago at all, sitting in the old press shack at the pit gate till 5:00am on a Compuserve dialup, posting stuff.... running out to the local photo lab to get a few negatives processed, scanning in the motor home.... all to get one or two photos, then, once again, with a DIALUP, in the press shack.. .posting stuff till WAY TOO DAMN LATE!..

Wow.. how things can change in six years!
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                        I'm stuck in the "office" (I truly bring my entire office with me here) doing client work and image processing (very time consuming) and may not even make it out there until after the last race is run today... so I too am out of the loop for today...

Thanks again!!

Wayne
                        Wayner...

Tell your clients to go pound sand and get out there and enjoy the finale on Sunday.

As usual you (and the "Crackberry" warriors) are doing a great job of keeping us informed. Great tips here on news reporting.

Have fun out there and we'll have plenty of work waiting for you next week.

V/R

Chuck

A Wayne Sagar Fan (and client)

Comment

Working...
                        X