Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited Final Qual News

Wow.

With 10 minutes left they started Cloud Dancer and ran it up with panels off. Shut it down and started madly putting panels on. Jimmy took off and took the flags with 2 minutes left in the session, and put down a lap. Hand timed at...around 435!

Dago Red unfortunately never made the call. They are still working on it with no prop on. By my math I think 27 have put in times. Can they get in through attrition?

Rare Bear did a compression test on the ramp, with crew all over it. One cylinder showed 0. They said "hook it up and take it to the cave". It was hooked up to the milk truck and being towed towards the hanger with two guys still sitting on it pulling panels off.

Super Corsair also got a time in.

Real numbers when they are available, and once my informant get some lunch .
    ~jim

Re: Unlimited Final Qual News

So, if the Bear is "in", when will she have to race? Will they have Thursday off? I guess what I'm getting at is, how long do they have to get her back in shape?

Comment

With a 458-ish time they should be comfortably in second. Meaning they get Thursday off and race Friday afternoon.
      ~Jim

Comment

So how do things work at Reno if you do not post a qualifying time ?

On a good ole dirt-track, you would end up starting at the tail of your heat race. Im sure it is not quite that simple here

Just trying to get educated a bit

Bob

Comment

Refresh my memory...is it 'top 5' that don't have to compete until Friday?

Comment

I am pretty sure that is correct, hope to get the full rundown soon...

Comment

"Ok... who'll be e first to post the final results showing who's where in the pecking order ?"

Probably RARA, the question is who will be able to view it. I am sure I will get a call after lunch with the top few, and the number in the field, but not the whole list.

As far as Dago racing into the field...
              Rules state:
              "All Aircraft must qualify within the listed qualifying hours unless authorized by RARA to fill the field"

The important thing there is the to 'fill the field' part. I am pretty sure we have a full field of 27 qualifiers, but cannot view the RARA website to check. If the field is not full, Dago could run the bronze Thursday and 'race up'. This has happened before.

If the field is full, well then it may depend on attrition, but I am not sure, I am sure some of the real geeks can answer this much better than I.

~Jim

Comment

Working...
              X