Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Best Reno Ever' is back on!

Is the update from the field this morning

~Dago Red was out on the ramp running up, and sounded healthy.

~Rare Bear is also out on the ramp, sans fore and aft cowlings but being cleaned up for possibly the first time all week. Hopefully this is a very good sign.

Qualifying order has been changed to put the jets between sport and unlimited, probably to give the unlimited crews more time. UNL qualifying will be 11:00 Noon now.

~Strega is buttoned up with nobody around. Apparently the crew is happy with the speed and with what they saw yesterday and with their current time of 4th giving them Thursday off. I wonder if there is any chance that #4 and #77 could push them into 6th today?

All in all great news, including the picture of Merlins Magic's late night runup

All we need now is a time form Parker and Sharp in the sport class and all will be well. I will get another call in 2.5 hours once qualifying for Sport and unlimited is complete.

~Jim

Re: 'Best Reno Ever' is back on!

Wow! Great news.

Sure appreciate these updates. I had just posted a related query because I wasn't hearing anything and then I went back and your post was there.

Thanks again!

Comment

Glider 90,

Thanks for the great news! That sound you just heard was me exhaling all the way from New Mexico My stomach has been in a knot since yesterday after reading the news about Dago and RB, hopefully I'll survive until my flight to Reno on Friday night.

Looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere in the pits on Saturday, and seeing all the other Reno fanatics on our favorite weekend of the year My dark horse pick is Czech Mate and my safe bet is another podium finish for the Buick, as usual. And of course rooting for our new favorite Steadfast!

Keep the reports coming!

Comment

Yep, I was thinking the same thing when my phone buzzed me out of a meeting. (I have been getting allot of 'I gotta get this' calls at work this week )

My brother knows how much I wish I were there, so he keeps me well informed. I am just glad to be able to contribute something here, since we both count on it for info during the long off season. Not much racing news at the local airports here in Ohio and Pennsylvania respectively.

I hope this will allow Wayne for some more time to enjoy himself, and bring us the more in depth news rather than having to recap the complete play by play.

~jim

Comment

Originally posted by glider90
          ~Dago Red was out on the ramp running up, and sounded healthy.

I believe in the Great Pumpkin!

Comment

Great news! You and your brother are making a good reporting team. Keep it up and a HUGE thank you!
            Mike S
            www.indyairshow.com
            www.indytransponder.com

Comment

A big thanks from me too Glider. I'm sitting behing a desk wishing I was there! Your updates are great. Looking forward to the next one in a couple of hours!

Bret

Comment

Did I miss news on Cloud Dancer????

Comment

We are scratching our heads on this one as well. He ran yesterday, and Jay had him hand timed at about a 386. Ryan Leeward even posted that he got a call from Jimmy saying they qualified, and were waiting on the time.

So far the board at RARA HQ still has no time for Race #9

They are out the working on the engine this morning, but it does not look like anything major, just your usual checks. Not sure if they went up on dawn patrol. Ryan?

This is why we need Wayne!

~Jim

Comment

Glider - Big thanks also to you and your bro. The updates have been great, please keep 'em coming.

Looking forward to hearing about Dago and Bear qual times. Keeping my fingers crossed that both will stay healthy..
                    Mark Johnson
                    Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

35 minutes to go in qualifying, maybe not the best reno ever again. Man this is gutwrenching.

~Rare bear called the clock, sounding good!
                      Lap one hand timed at 442.
                      Lap two hand timed at 458 with a loud *pop* as it crossed the home pylon. Maydayed safely with lots of smoke and oil. Not good.

~So far Dago has not been up.

~Jimmy Leeward is in his flightsuit wrenching furiously on Cloud Dancer with the crew as I type.

~Merlins Magic and the Healer both have times, that is the best news.

~Nemesis NXT has a good time in, as does the clipped wing Venture and John Parker.

Septembury Fury taking off and Steadfast on the course as we spoke. Sounded great. More details and official times once qualifying finishes. Hope Jimmy and Dan can make the call...

~Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X