Reno 2006 - First Official AAFO Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 2006 - First Official AAFO Report

Well, it was an eventful (see story) trip, but we're here!

After a 10 drive, a bunch of advil to relieve an early Reno Week back ache and a brief memorial ceremony.. (see story)

Not to mention a fair share of SNPA, the unofficial Sponsor of the 2006 AAFO.COM "official" Reno 2006 coverage.. we're proud to present to you our first. "official" Reno 2006 AAFO.COM InStead News report!

Coming direct to you from the Extended Stay America located in Beautiful Reno, Nevada, Report 01 from AAFO.COM!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Reno 2006 - First Official AAFO Report

As an addendum:

I didn't quite make getting the post published by midnight, so the date is somewhat off..

But..

Just so's ya know...

Story above is our first effort this year, we hope you like it, and take it for what it is. It's PARTY TIME, after all, at Reno, Nevada, and we're here to ENJOY every last minute of this magical event!

Make no mistake, this is Air Racing, and it's serious business.. but the reporting of same does NOT have to be such a break neck venture that it has been in year's past.

We're determined to HAVE fun, get the story and get it here as best we can!

Victor Archer is going to be here, as is Naomi "Griffon Girl" west along with several other AAFO.COM regulars.. one or two of whom have recently (did hell really freeze over?) switched to digital.

We stockpiled a bunch of food and refreshments here at AAFO.COM HQ in South Reno, Nevada and we're committed to bringing you the best coverage by a fairly incapacitated news crew that is humanly possible!

Stay with us as we bring you the excitement, action, art, adrenalin, heart pumping action and whatever other copyright infringing story we can bring you!!!!!!!

What... Me worry????

Enjoy!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I am just glad you two got there in one piece without the "officer of the peace" slowing you down like years past......

Thanks for testing the news wire and I hope you got some sleep last night for a busy week.
      Randy Rheinschild
      www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Hi Wayne,

Glad you made it here safe and sound. I may pop out to Stead this weekend, I still have to work Monday and Tuesday, but then I'm off till next Tuesday. I'm looking foward to seeing you agian, and to meeting many of the others.

Lonnie

Comment

Thats one scarry looking biplane. Display Airplane ?
          Tom @ 4SD

Comment

Tom,
            That's Phantom (a Mong Sport flown by Andrew Buehler & Tom Aberle), last year's Gold winner. I think the race would have been much closer if Jeff Lo didn't have that burble last year. The bipes are going to be really exciting this year!
            Sky Critter

Comment

Wayne,

I arrive Wednesday late afternoon. I'll look for you at all of the usual places. I'll have my normal duties with the Heritage Invitational, but will make my way to the pits.

See you this week!

Jeff Lee

Comment

I just noticed that Phantom is sporting a 4-blader.... My photo from last year sure looks like she had 3 blades.
                Sky Critter

Comment

A few that didn't make the story

Is the jet below of any interest? It was just rolling out when I heard John running up the "SuperThunder" and my attention became diverted (totally.. you guys gotta hear this thing!)

Anway... might just be something from down at Aviation Classics, hopefully, someone can ID it...

Also a few other shots... Didn't stay long yesterday... Of note, other airplanes on the ramp (not pictured) Riff-Raff, and Polar Bear.

One of the pairs of legs standing with Bad Attitude was Gary Hubler.. hummn..... who's gonna fly what this year ey...
                  Attached Files
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

All I'm going to say is the plane to watch this year is 232. We are entering the Sept. Fury era of airracing and it's going to be EXCITING! You will all be surprised this year and theres a ton of potential left with the airframe! 232 will=dominance surpassing everything before. If you guys only knew...

Comment

Re: A few that didn't make the story

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                      Is the jet below of any interest? Anway... might just be something from down at Aviation Classics, hopefully, someone can ID it...
                      L-29 Delfin

Comment

thanks for the pics! can't wait to get up there!

Comment

#40 is Dave Roeloffs in his Miss USA

Comment

Wayne & Co. @ AAFO.COM:

Thanks in advance for what y'all do not just during race week, but thoughout the year. Those of us out here on the East Coast can't always get there every year & your efforts, pictures & reports keep us involved & in touch.

So, drink lots of fluids, grease up with the sunblock & have a great week!! We all look forward to the reports, but don't risk your health.

Many thanks,

Matt

Comment

And for those of us who can't make this year, we want !sound! too! We gotta hear the noise, or our mini-fixes we get from here won't be complete. Of course, we are jealous of all of you who are there get the REAL FIX. And ditto - we do appreciate all the AAFO team does to keep us informed. mike
                              Mike S
                              www.indyairshow.com
                              www.indytransponder.com

Comment

Working...
                              X