What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

Does anyone know all the race frequencies including discrete?

Re: What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

Don't know any discrete, and I doubt anybody will give those up, but race control is *****.

Comment

Whupps.... I didn't get in here quick enough... we have an agreement with RARA and the pilots to not publish the freq's...

Obviously a lot of folks know them and you're free to pass them around via PM's or email but please help us stick to the agreement and don't put em up on here..

Tanks!!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

If you know how to use your scanner, and a bit about aviation frequency allocations, it's not hard to find race control; it's intermittently a very active frequency. The discretes are harder, but can be found. It can help to lookup before the races the commercial airline and tower frequencies in the Reno area and block those.

While you could argue that RARA could make some money by selling cards with "public" frequencies, the problem is that there are a lot of people with aviation band transceivers. If one of those is left set on an active frequency, all it takes is a stupid mistake to more or less block the frequency, which could lead to an accident. Even with the current system which doesn't make the frequencies public, enough people know or find the frequencies that they have to work around blocked frequencies at least a few times during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by dclemans
          ...all it takes is a stupid mistake to more or less block the frequency, which could lead to an accident.
          ...or a car being dropped on the runway

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx
            ...or a car being dropped on the runway
            Heh... that's what I was thinking. Does anyone have a photo of that incident???
            _________
            -Matt
            Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell
              Heh... that's what I was thinking. Does anyone have a photo of that incident???
              That event was captured on one of the Skyfire videos. Maybe 1988, 1989, or 1990....Hit the runway dead-on. SPLAT!

Comment

SKYFIRE 88
                "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Originally posted by sierra fox
                  SKYFIRE 88
                  Hmmmmmm ok thanks... I remembered it being MENTIONED on Skyfire, but didn't remember them showing it. I'll go back and watch again, if I can stomach Mitchell.
                  _________
                  -Matt
                  Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell
                    if I can stomach Mitchell.
                    I hear ya. When you mentioned the event I could hear Jim Mitchell's voice in my head.

Comment

Working...
                    X