identify these parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• identify these parts?

I was wondering if anyone could identify these aircraft parts.

thanks, Rob

Re: identify these parts?

Just looking at their beefiness and with them being a mirror-image set, I would venture to guess a portion of the landing gear. I have no idea what part of the gear though.

Comment

Part of a control surface linkage? I'd guess the square hole slides over some square part, the control rod attaches to the bottom fork and the curved cutout has some sort of track bearing. Could be some sort of engine part too. Boost control? Prop pitch linkage component? Since we don't know the scale it is a little tricky.

Michele

Comment

That's a pretty good guess Airdogge. They are landing gear parts for the Thunder Mustang. I can't remember the correct name of the part but i was able to save 2 sets from the scrap barrel at work. We manufactured some of the parts when they were still in Nampa. These apparently were left over inventory being cleared out. Does anyone know anybody that might have use for these parts? John Parker?

Comment

Heh..I guess it helps being a Tool & Die machinist since '78.. Still, it was a lucky guess.

Comment

Working...
          X