Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 0 . S E C O N D S . 2 . R E G I S T E R ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 0 . S E C O N D S . 2 . R E G I S T E R ?

UNregistered users...

I have finally became a registered user recently.

Why U say?

This moderator or webmaster or whatever has more than a full time job running this show, (I work for a company in mfg. supply chain div) but what i see is on occasion, is the web guys working their tails off keeping the web prescence bug free and responding to the customers needs.

Im surprised that the moderator hasnt acted eariler in dumping unregisted posts or allowing unregistered users access with out any comitment. Let alone having to charge some sort of fees.

UNREGISTERED USERS....GEEZ SIGN UP..... 30 seconds..... whaaaaat?

WHERE ELSE CAN YOU GET THIS NEO-FLYBOY P*RN 4 FREE?

BM

Re: 3 0 . S E C O N D S . 2 . R E G I S T E R ?

Thanks Bill, your check is in the mail...

Actually, though most message boards have gone to totally registered to post, some even make it where you have to register to READ their messages..

We've kept it to allowing unregistered posting via the queue/review system... They can post, someone has to review them and approve/ignore/delete the message.

The problem starts when the SPAMMERS find that they can post and they send their little robots to make posts.. nobody sees them, but they fill up the queue and make it more difficult to dig the valid messages out of the system.

I think for the long term, due to the fact that some pretty cool folks drop by and are not into it enough to re-log in or for whatever reason, post as guest, we'll keep it this way..

I will from time to time whine about it and encourage folks to register.. I truly do appreciate the support and understanding of everyone on this issue!!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey it only takes another few seconds to cough up a couple of bucks to help Wayne keep this place going.
      I know he plays the hot shot photographer / web guru pretty convincingly, but contrary to popular belief he is not independently wealthy
      I'm sure a few dollars here and there help a bunch
      counting the minutes ......
      Rachel

Comment

Hey Joe

Actually...... it took me 19 seconds to register, sorry joe.

I was at 65 MAP in my taylor craft.... couldnt get my gear up.

Whos gonna break into the single digits low elapsed time.

Want proof.... look at my timing slip

BM

Comment

Two big bonuses for registered members:

1. You don't have to wait for approval before your message appears.

2. After posting, if you read your own message and discover a typo or feel you could have worded your message differently, you have some time to edit it.

Comment

Ok, I guess Im a bit slow here, took two minutes.

But after lurking and reading this site for a few years, I thought this would be a good time to actually register

BTW..... awsome web site, well managed - great job!

Bob

Comment

I, unfortunately, found this site a bit late in my search for good Air Race talk. But, alas, I have found it now. I grew up in Lemmon Valley and used to watch the races from the roof of my house. Man, I miss that! I live in Indianapolis now - we just had our air show this last weekend. I got back to the air races last year. Wow! did I miss them. Nothing gets the blood flowing better than hearing the planes come in for that first lap! I'm glad I found this site. You guys give me my fix for air racing news, and I often link back to you on my blog.
              Eventually, I'll learn some more about flying. I've even got my wife talking about taking lessons with me in the near future. I look forward to all the future posts (I'm still reading all the old ones, too!).
              Mike S
              www.indyairshow.com
              www.indytransponder.com

Comment

I registered a while ago but don't really post. I'm not in the U.S. and I don't know the people involved in racing, so I'm not part of the clique. Way back when I was young and brave, or maybe just stupid, I flew hang gliders, never anything with an engine though. Engines seemed like cheating at the time

I guess I should have had a point in mind before I started writing this. Anyway, AAFO is a great way to keep up with events from a distance and long may it continue. Bottoms up and tally ho.

--
                Eddie

Comment

Originally posted by T327
                  I guess I should have had a point in mind before I started writing this. Anyway, AAFO is a great way to keep up with events from a distance and long may it continue. Bottoms up and tally ho
                  No Way Eddie! You don't have to wait for anything to post... this way everyone gets to know you and we all know one more person is "here" with us when we're on the board...

It's a little community and I think everyone likes it that way!

Thanks for commenting and feel free to jump in any time you want, there is no "cliqe" here!

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Actually, being a moderator who unfortunately has less time to check things out here enough to help Wayno out as I did last year..... He has been great at keeping it open to everyone... except the few that needed to be block...

to Wayne, to Wayne, to Wayne!!!!
                    Randy Rheinschild
                    www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

I recently registered also, but it's been a week and I still cannot post or E-mail the administrator. Wayne please help! I want to post before Reno! Please contact Rampman!

**admin note: you're listed as "users awaiting email verification". I resent the activation code. You'll receive an email (check your spam filters) and will have to click on the link and follow the directions to activate your account.**

Comment

Thanks for fixing my posting problem. I finally had to jump in with so many other long time readers registering. I remember how hard it was to get any information on air racing during the off season before this sight was created, and how much better it is now. Wayne does a great job, and we should be grateful. My first exposure to the air races was sitting on the roof of our garage as a 10 year old kid to get a glimpse of the Blue Angles, who were performing at Reno. I never saw the races but could hear them, even in my classroom at school. Years later a couple of friends and I managed to finagle our way out to the pylon on top of the hill (now moved), without having any idea what to expect. We were blown away! What a way to see your first race! We saw 2 unlimited races that day, including the gold, and needless to say I was hooked. The next year I was in the pits for all qualifiing days, and I remember vividly Skip Holm having a prop govener fail coming over the pits in Jeanie and making a perfect emergency landing right on the main runway, dumping oil everwhere. I haven't missed a year since. I was there when Tsunami made it's first arrival, as well as it's last race. I was there when the Pond racer arrived, doing formation passes with Dreadhaught, and was also there on the sad day when Rick Brickert lost his life. I remember how cool Stilleto looked in bare metal and primer, and how stunningly beautiful Miss Ashley 2 was when I first saw it. I was there for the classic duels between the Bear and Strega in the '90s and can't wait to see them renewed this year. In short, I haven't missed a lot over the last 25 years at Reno, good days and bad. My friends and family think I'm nuts for the amount of time I spend there, but I think readers on this sight understand. There is no place in the world like Stead Airport in September, there's no more thrilling/terrifying time than watching a mayday and praying the pilot lands safely, and there is no sound or sight in the world that can compare with a gold race on the fenceline. I'll be roaming the ramp starting Saturday the 9th, if not sooner(not including daily trips by the airport to see who the early arrivals are)! See you all then!

Comment

Working...
                        X