TOTALLY OFF TOPIC - SPAM SOLUTION!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOTALLY OFF TOPIC - SPAM SOLUTION!

This truly is OT for the race section of the site but something I found the other day and have been using for a few days has sparked me to share the info...

Don't know how many of you who visit here who are hounded as badly with SPAM as I have been.. probably nobody, quite as bad as my account has gotten..

Part of my problem is that the domain used to have a *wildcard where anybody at the domain we're at dot com was a good/valid address.

Over the years, my personal email account had become totally worthless.. though, I could not bear to drop it, since it's my first initial and my last name at the domain we're at dot com... it's on all my cards as well..

Finally came to a head over the last few months, though, when the level of SPAM came up to well over 200 per day and I could not find enough time to sort through them to keep up with it.

I was going to have to lose my myname@mydomain.com address!!!!

BUMMER!

Tried fiddling with the server Anti-Spam settings for MANY months.. what a ROYAL PITA SpamAssassin is! (what's on the server) a worthless POS IMHO! Let as much spam by as it hooked valid emails! Which, totally creates a dilema.. you can't ignore the stuff tagged as SPAM since some good stuff might be in there and... you're dogged by a ton of SPAM that gets through that you have to filter through to ensure that you don't delete a good message....

What a PITA!!!

Finally, I was at my last straw.. I was about to turn off all email to this domain, period! Just couldn't handle it any longer!!!!

I tried everything.. on the server options, then one that polled my email account and did its best to sort through it..

NO JOY!!!!!!!!!!

ONE LAST ATTEMPT.. tried this one..

Spam Arrest

Simply put.. I'm AMAZED at how well it works!!!!!!!!!!

Big PLUS is, it actually grabs MOST of my SPAM messages and does not delete my good ones..

BIG CON is that, it has a monthly fee.. I suppose you could host a website for the few bux they charge for this thing but..

I'm SOOOOO relieved.. In fact, I actually can't believe that when I get up in the morning, I have a few emails.. all of them are for me!!!

I check my trash bin on the SpamArrest website account and they are ALL SPAM!!!!!!

WOW!

Why can't the other methods work so well!!

OK...

Here's my rant!!!!!!!!

Our Prez had the opportunity when he first hit office to sign into law some pretty hefty anti-SPAM legislation... he passed.. put some pussywhipped plain into effect that led us/me to where I am now that I've spent, literally 100's (actually a lot more) of hours and countless tons of effort to stem this barrage of BS that hits my server minute by minute..

This country has to effect some really strong laws to STOP the abuse of our email system!

OK...

Done with rant..

I'll try to sleep now and I promise to not drink so much coffee during the day so I don't have to undue it with more SNPA than I should during the evening hours just before bed time..

Rant done..

Thanks for listening..

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"
Working...
X