• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rupp Goes Wide

Outside Fenceline into the sun.
    Attached Files

Re: Rupp Goes Wide

Looks like that was a great photo opportunity for the back-straight campers, who usually have to settle for shots of the bottoms of the faster aircraft. Thx for the clip!

I remember Tsunami having to take a similar path in the late 80's once, although he went a bit farther out, say halfway between the fence and Red Rock road. Not sure which year, but it was when the plane still had the silver/blue paintjob.

There was another moment in '85 when there were three 'stangs flying 3-abreast, with the outermost aircraft flying directly over the dirt road that runs along the fence. First time I had to look straight up to watch a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
      I remember Tsunami having to take a similar path in the late 80's once, although he went a bit farther out, say halfway between the fence and Red Rock road. Not sure which year, but it was when the plane still had the silver/blue paintjob.
      Hinton? Or Holm?
      _________
      -Matt
      Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

I believe it was Steve. Skip didn't race Tsunami until the 90's.

Comment

I'm thinking he started in '90.
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Great Video!!

Comment

[QUOTE=AirDOGGe]Looks like that was a great photo opportunity for the back-straight campers, who usually have to settle for shots of the bottoms of the faster aircraft. Thx for the clip!

Funny you say that.
              I rembember all the photo guys around me missed it.
              They were too focused on the planes on the other side of the fence.
              I only saw him coming at the last minute.

Comment

Same here when Steve/Tsumani did it.

I was following the racers on the course, then turned around only when I unexpectedly heard a plane passing by behind me...Too late (and perhaps too stunned) to shoot a photo in time.

Great job being on the alert there.

Comment

Working...
                X