Early Reno Bearcats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Reno Bearcats

The request for old air race photos has stirred me to scan some other Bearcats seen at Reno. Here at three which may be of interest.
    Attached Files

Re: Early Reno Bearcats

Both shots of Tom's Cat/Miss Priss...same airplane, different years. Normally flown by Walt Olrich, but I believe in the year of the first photo, Walt was over in Vietnam, so the plane's owner Tom was racing. (By the way, this airframe went on to be raced by John Herlihy, the Whittington brothers, and ultimately by Bill Anders as "Wampus Cat".

Of note, that is Lyle Shelton flying Mike Carroll's "Signal Sea Fury"--Reno 1966.

Comment

Here is another Bearcat (N618F) that appeared at Reno in 1966, although it may not have raced. It was owned by Stan Krazet at the time.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Reno64
        Here is another Bearcat (N618F) that appeared at Reno in 1966, although it may not have raced. It was owned by Stan Krazet at the time.
        I believe that this plane was raced by Butch Morris at the '71 Mojave 1000 as #7. Have to check the N-number, but I know it was one painted very similar to that.

Comment

If you need an incentive to fire up the ol scanner, I'll make a request of something every once in a while...

Thanks for sharing!

As for N618F, the owners name is Stan Kurzet. He also owned three P-51Ds at the time (actually two Ds and a TF).

T J

Comment

The pic of Miss Priss is that Alameda Shawn

Comment

Shawn:

Actually it looks more like Crissy Field on The Presidio -- and I think there was an air show or two there in the sixties. When I was in the military I lived just down the street from Crissy. Much as I hated the Army, it was a cool place to live for a while.

Neal

Comment

Neal didnt know you were in the Army ? Shawn

Comment

Photo ID says Crissy Field 8/72

Comment

Working...
                  X