1st annual G.O.P. (Gathering of Photographers) Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st annual G.O.P. (Gathering of Photographers) Convention

Gathering of Photographers, that is. I have looked at the final poll results, and over 50% of the repsondents prefer to have a photography get-together on Thursday of the Air Races.

Accordingly, I hereby declare that the first annual GOP convention shall be held on Thursday, Sept. 14th. at Arnold Manor aka "Rancho Relaxo". In order to keep this flexible, I'm treating it as an open house affair, starting about 1800 (six P.M.) and going till the last person leaves.

I know most of you are looking forward to picking each others brains, so, in the case of Mr. Archer and son, let me know when or if you would like to make a presentation. The same goes for everyone else who would like to contribute. I'll post a tentative schedule once I get an idea of who is coming and who is demonstrating. I'm 90% sure I'll have a projector available for plugging in to laptops, or we can use the TV set. I might even demonstrate how easy it is to cut mats for framing. More on this as the schedule fills.

Eats - for right now, I'm thinking burgers, chicken, dogs, brats, or anything else that will go on a barbeque. Of course we'll have beer and soft drinks, beans, salads, etc. If anyone wants to bring special dietary needs type stuff, we'll accommodate, and if you think of something that I've left out, let me know.

Cost - once i have an idea on attendance I'll figure out what everyone can contribute to cover the cost of eats and drinks. I think it will be easier on everybody if I buy the food and just get reimbursed. That way folks won't have to run to the store to buy a bag of chips or quart of potato salad. If anyone has a better idea, let me know.

Directions - I'll put together a map and directions by the end of this week and mail them out to everyone who is interested and RSVP's via PM. Note - non-photographers, spouses and friends are welcome, just give me a head count.

Wayne, if I've forgotten anything, let me know.

Let the fun begin!!!

Re: !st annual G.O.P. Convention

Sounds like a blast! I'll be there.. Wingman has a room so you won't have to put up with him in your shower.. (just kidding Neal )

This should be a lot of fun and informative as well!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

And now for AGOG Annual Gather Of Geeks

Comment

bump - want people to see this for the next couple of days.

Comment

Count me in for 1. Wasn't sure if you wanted this by reply or PM, so I did both. Can't wait.

Dan Plunkett

Comment

I'm in ....
            Jeff Loewe
            www.jlofoto.com

Comment

Birgitta and I hope to be there...

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by fenceliner01
                bump - want people to see this for the next couple of days.
                Thanks Victor for "Sticking" it... Went to do it and it was already done.. good job!

I went ahead and changed the title of the thread, a bit, as it didn't really totally describe the subject.

Should be fun! Between this and the beer night at the Pylon Bar, should be a lot of fun!

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: 1st annual G.O.P. (Gathering of Photographers) Convention

Thanks, Wayne - that thought had occurred to me shortly after I pushe the submit button. I anyone has a better name, I'm all ears.

Comment

This sounds like a great get together. Sadly, I have a trip to Italy long promised to the S.O. for her <ahem> undisclosed major milestone </ahem> birthday, so will be missing Reno this year.

Have a beer for me. I'll toast the proceedings with a Chianti from a hillside somewhere in Tuscany while thinking of fast 'planes. Please keep the website results as current as beer and social commitments permit.

Maybe next year

ciao
                    Low

Comment

Originally posted by Low-n-Slow
                      Please keep the website results as current as beer and social commitments permit.
                      LOL... Finally, someone who understands doing this website FROM Reno!!

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'll be there with my wife and a friend. Thanks again for this generous offer!
                        Sky Critter

Comment

put me down for one, please!

by Thursday I should have a few photos to show off

Comment

Hi Fenceliner

Please count me in for one as well. I sent a PM but looks like you haven't read it yet. ;-) Please don't leave me out when you send out the maps.

Cheers, looking forward to meeting all of you.

Gerry

Comment

I will be there as well
                              Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                              My Photos
                              My Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X