Jackson-Cornell racer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson-Cornell racer?

My wife made me clean out the magazines and I found the old (9-95) Air Classic article on this racer. Seems cool: T-2 wings and tail; R-3350; F-100 gear. Whatever happened to it? How far away from complete is it? Anybody Got Info?

Re: Jackson-Cornell racer?

Originally posted by MarkB.
    My wife made me clean out the magazines and I found the old (9-95) Air Classic article on this racer. Seems cool: T-2 wings and tail; R-3350; F-100 gear. Whatever happened to it? How far away from complete is it? Anybody Got Info?
    Matt Jackson posts here, hopefully he can provide the absolute bottom line on the racer but... I think the "rumor" was that the airplane was currently at the Sanders facility undergoing the necessary work to make it complete..

Matt??

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Plane is currently under final construction at the Sanders facility in Ione. Plane should be flying within a year.

Matt J

Comment

Here's an old thread:
        All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!
        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Man,

When I saw that Victor had responded to my post, I got ALL EXCITED 'cause I thought there'd be a beautiful picture of the racer sitting in a hanger at the Sanders facility.

Oh well. (LOL)

Anyway thanks Matt Jackson for answering, I know you're pretty busy right now. Thanks to all. I can't wait to see a picture and maybe a three view.

Comment

Mark, check your PM's

Paul

Comment

Oh yeah...an article from 1996

page 1

page 2

page 3

page 4

Paul

Comment

Cool looking plane.
                Tony

Comment

The plane looks killer Matt, cant wait to see it fly...hope you get it finished up soon.

Comment

The plan is to go slowly and produce the fastest to date race plane we can. Dave Cornell did an incredible job designing this plane with the input of several other really tallented designers. It has been my dream from day one along with the sponsor Howard Keck to see this plane finished and on the race course. I have pounded a lot of rivets to not see this thing fly and out on the course. I selected the Sanders brothers to complete the project as I know on no one else with the tallent and tenacity of these guys. My intention was to have the plane finished without all the hype and phony claims that usually follow a project like this. We will see what it will do when its done. In the mean time we are proceeding as planned with this project and hope to have it up and going sometime next year. A lot of tallented people have put their two cents into this project. Let's see if all their effort pays off.

Comment

On a completely different matter, are there any plans to rebuild your On-Mark Marksman at any stage?

T J

Comment

Working...
                      X