Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counting Time - 2007 Legacy of Speed AIR RACE CALENDAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counting Time - 2007 Legacy of Speed AIR RACE CALENDAR!

OK... I promised you some "timely" news, here it is...

Get one NOW!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Counting Time - 2007 Legacy of Speed AIR RACE CALENDAR!

What... geez... just cause it's 03:30 story's been up for prolly 10-15 minutes.. nobody up to notice yet???

Geez....

I bust my butt and nobody notices...

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

.....and now I have to sell my time to RARA ?

Thanks Wayne,nice looking...
      Mayday51
      Jim Gallagher

Comment

0820 here on the right coast Wayner........ AWESOME job pal. !!!
        I'll have a little treat for you in our box this year just for putting this together.
        Danimal

Comment

Nice Wayne! I will definatley be getting one!

Oh and at 6:30 am east coast time this wasnt up yet

Comment

Very cool Wayne. I just ordered 2.
            Sky Critter

Comment

I just ordered mine. Now, when do we get a calendar with some of the other classes in it (biplanes, maybe)?
              Jeff Lo
              Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
              Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Awsome! Very nice job, it's about time some one did one.
                I was just curious, how big is it? Is it like GHOSTS calendar size or smaller?
                Tony

Comment

Looks great!
                  Just ordered two!

jmurphy

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal1
                    0820 here on the right coast Wayner........ AWESOME job pal. !!!
                    I'll have a little treat for you in our box this year just for putting this together.
                    Danimal
                    Ohhhweee.... Does it involve you in pink sox maybe??? See ya in a few weeks...

Originally posted by FlyinLo
                    I just ordered mine. Now, when do we get a calendar with some of the other classes in it (biplanes, maybe)?
                    Jeff,

That's a VERY good idea and may be on the plate at a later date. I did not have a lot to do with the creation of the calendar, I did contribute one shot... however, I do know of the restrictions in place and as of now, no shots taken at RARA sponsored events can be used in the calendars.. This may (hopefully!) change at some point in the future and personally I'd LOVE to see it!!!

Now.. if we could get ya'll to go up for some A2A some time...

Originally posted by deepsky
                    Awsome! Very nice job, it's about time some one did one.
                    I was just curious, how big is it? Is it like GHOSTS calendar size or smaller?
                    Good question and one I don't have the answer for. I have seen the entire calendar in preprint form only... I did ask about the size but frankly, totally forgot it... I'll check again.

Originally posted by knowsnothin
                    Looks great!
                    Just ordered two!

jmurphy
                    GREAT!! I hope everyone gets one or three... it helps us, it will help RARA (PLEASE BUY ONE THERE FROM RARA) when when someone buys from them... they will, by the way, make a GREAT platform to get autographs on!!

Bottom line, they guys who ponied up to make this happen need to get their investment back. If successful, there will be more! Takes money to make things like this happen, A2A sessions are spendy and frankly, we just need more shots of ALL racers and currently Air 2 Air in the AC owner's area is about the only way you're going to get them in...

Again, thanks to all.. credit for this project goes to others than myself, I'm going to bend over backwards to promote it but can accept little credit for the production..

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by FlyinLo

There's other classes?...
                      Jerry Beck II
                      Director of Photography
                      1st. Asst. Director
                      Thunder Over Reno

Comment

Lets see if I can answer all your questions regarding the calendar. The dimensions on the calendar are 14 X 12, which is the standard size for calendars. We chose a first rate publishing company that is weel established in the calendar business as they have licensing agreements with the NBA, MLB, NASCAR, NFL, NHL, NCAA to name a few. The printing is on high gloss quality paper for the best results. Nothing cheap about this thing! We have several years planned out for future calendars and are currently focusing our attention on the Unlimited Class racers. Perhaps in the future we can layout a calendar which includes the other classes, if we can see the numbers will support producing a calendar like that. We have a few more tricks up our sleeve in the coming years as projects are planned. We are currently building a website, www.legacycalendars.com, and will be featuring future calendars and photography prints . As Wayne has stated on the announcement we have printed a small run, so if you are even thinking of getting one of these unique and fresh looking calendars, I would suggest you pick one up either here or at Reno. Thank you for your comments. We did this so the air race fan can count the days down to the next race. See you all at Reno.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
                          We did this. Dave
                          Who is "We"??? if you don't mind me asking...
                          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
                            Lets see if I can answer all your questions regarding the calendar. The dimensions on the calendar are 14 X 12, which is the standard size for calendars.
                            Dave, that's two panels, each 14x12 correct? Picture panel 14x12 folding out to the additional 14x12 day section.

That's pretty decent sized, indeed!

Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I had been dreaming of producing this calendar for nearly 5 years and it took a great deal of coordination to get it accomplished. The contributing "we" that I speak of that made this calendar possible are Jim Dunn, Richard VanderMeulen, Wayne, Kevin Grantham, Nicolas Veronico and myself. If you know any of these individuals and see them at Reno next month step up and shake their hand, as it was a group effort that made this possible. The color Cleveland images provided thru Kevin for the calendar have never been published before, so this a real treat for everyone. We are very proud of the end product, and look forward to producing several more in the years to come.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X