• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteadFast mods!

Reno here we come!
    SF

Re: SteadFast mods!

Hey Will,

Now she is looking more and more like a racer. I like the spinner, and I am sure the amount of drag on the nose of the aircraft has been reduced dramatically. The doors underneath the fuselage are interesting. Are they so you can stick your feet out and help stop Steadfast once you land, ala Fred Flintstone style???????????? Just kidding. She looks awesome! Have your heard back from PCAM about what we discussed earlier? Looking forward to it.

Dave

Comment

Will,

Thanks so much for sharing so much of what goes on "behind the scenes". Not many teams publicly display their mods prior to the races, but it really shows the determination, dedication, love & unselfishness for the sport that you guys have. Thanks again for sharing some insight, but moreover, for reaching out to further promote air racing and the technical innovations of aviation today. You guys definitly are inspiring & as a fan, glad to see.

Godspeed for Reno '06,

Matt

Comment

Will, the new spinner makes her looks so much more the racer... BAD A$$. Good Luck to Team SteadFast
        Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
        My Photos
        My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastFan
          Will,

Thanks so much for sharing so much of what goes on "behind the scenes". Not many teams publicly display their mods prior to the races, but it really shows the determination, dedication, love & unselfishness for the sport that you guys have. Thanks again for sharing some insight, but moreover, for reaching out to further promote air racing and the technical innovations of aviation today. You guys definitly are inspiring & as a fan, glad to see.

Godspeed for Reno '06,

Matt
          Couldn't have said it better myself.

Spinner looks awesome guys. It really fills it out nice. Can't wait to see how the testing goes.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Looks great will. Just needs a little paint. Cant wait to see how she will do around the pylons in a few weeks.
            a&p

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
              Now she is looking more and more like a racer. I like the spinner, and I am sure the amount of drag on the nose of the aircraft has been reduced dramatically.
              NICE spinner/nosebowl/inlet. If it's not classified, how much power can you run without spray water?

Originally posted by paintboy
              The doors underneath the fuselage are interesting. Are they so you can stick your feet out and help stop Steadfast once you land, ala Fred Flintstone style???????????? Just kidding.
              Taking a stab here, those are the oil cooler outlets which now have spray bars upstream in the inlets.

A side note, my father is now a docent at the Museum of Flight in Seattle and has put together the tour for the new wing of WWI and WWII fighters and their pilots. He tells me that the Yak-9 (inline version) was the fastest operational fighter of the war (key distinction is "operational", i.e. widely deployed). Says a lot for the airframe.
              Eric Ahlstrom

Comment

Hummn... somewhere back in the archives, I believe I posted something like..

One word.. SPINNER!!!

Yea baby!!

You guys got SPINNER!

Lookin' damn good Will n' Red!

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Foam
                    NICE spinner/nosebowl/inlet. If it's not classified, how much power can you run without spray water?

Taking a stab here, those are the oil cooler outlets which now have spray bars upstream in the inlets.

A side note, my father is now a docent at the Museum of Flight in Seattle and has put together the tour for the new wing of WWI and WWII fighters and their pilots. He tells me that the Yak-9 (inline version) was the fastest operational fighter of the war (key distinction is "operational", i.e. widely deployed). Says a lot for the airframe.
                    hey eric, is he sure? because the the p-47m and the ta-152 were both capable of the mid 470's range
                    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by matt
                      hey eric, is he sure? because the the p-47m and the ta-152 were both capable of the mid 470's range
                      I will ask. It may be a specific altitude or dive condition. He's like me, hates to be wrong; so he tends to do his research.
                      Eric Ahlstrom

Comment

Yes, those are the outlets for the oil coolers. They will now close completely. The lighter shade of ugly Romanian green is the mod. The spraybars are modeled after Team Sparky's. That windshshield should show today. We are working on the spinner afterbody as I type. Speaking of which, I'd better get back to it!
                        Thanks for watching, I'll post more as it occurs!
                        Will
                        Team SteadFast

Comment

I've got to chime in and say......Work of art!!!

Race 29
                          Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
                          X