Southern Cross withdraws from Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Cross withdraws from Reno

It is with regret that I must announce today that Southern Cross will not be at the 2006 National Air Races in Reno next month. Blaine Laux, Crew Chief and Chris Laux, Lead Mechanic have done an excellent job of getting Southern Cross in the best shape she’s ever been, and Bob Williams has been extremely busy arranging transportation and lodging arrangements, but unfortunately the demands of my business are such at this time that I must remain in Hong Kong for the next several months.

I would like to thank everyone on the team who has worked so diligently to get us ready this year. Hopefully 2007 will turn out better for all of us.

Good luck to all the other racers this year. I’ll be thinking of you and wishing for a year of safe and exciting racing.

Best wishes and fly fast,

Steve Patterson
    Race 71

Re: Southern Cross withdraws from Reno

Bummer! I enjoyed your racing last year. I do hope you can return to racing soon.

Comment

I guess that's the down side of being a successful businessman...sometimes you have to make sacrifices in other areas. We'll miss you and the big Sea Fury, but block your calendar now for Reno 2007!
      Jeff Lo
      Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
      Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

You will be missed! My son and I can't wait to see you in 07.
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris
          Bummer! I enjoyed your racing last year. I do hope you can return to racing soon.
          Ditto to that. Your Silver race against Matt Jackson in Argonaut was one of the best (if not THE best) races last year!!!

Comment

Aw Nuts!!

Steve, as fans we understand that unlike NASCAR, the Unlimited Pilots (as well as the other classes) really do WORK for a living. You, your Team and the Southern Cross will be sorely missed this year.

However, we do appreciate your participation on this forum, and ones like it, to keep the fans informed and updated with the inner workings & hidden mechanisms of what is Air Racing. Thanks for being a part & for doing your part to educate & inform a growing base of Air Racing fans & enthusiasts.

Matt

Comment

Steve, I was disappointed when I heard you had withrawn from the Races. You would have surely been the top contender for the Silver. Let's hope you come back next year.

Matt Jackson

Comment

Well we all will miss the photogenic Sea Fury this year. Good luck next year, and make sure to bring that baby back to Oshkosh.

Comment

Working...
                X