UL's in Seattle....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UL's in Seattle....

Left before the finals (Sunday Morning) but I think Speeddemon's team did well...

Nice to hear some pistons running there as well.. .too bad they didn't finish well (or at all)

Saw J.C. at the hangar, nice to see some Reno folks there!

Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: UL's in Seattle....

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
    Left before the finals (Sunday Morning) but I think Speeddemon's team did well...
    Chuuuh! They did well, like "they blew everyone else out of the water in the final!", to quote one Speeddemon I don't know where he is today. I figured he would be on the boards telling everyone about it. Must be busy resting or something (Sorry Brad if I stole your thunder).
    P.S. Nice picture Wayne
    Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

I couldn't remember which boat Braddemon was affliated with.. Figured it was the Acura of Seattle (Allison powered) boat.. Looked into most pits but that one with most attention. Didn't see him to say hello so gave up went and had a six dollar hot dog and a six dollar beer....

Airshow box was SOOOO far away from crowd, not really worth shooting much. Was mostly just a fun trip up there with my neighbor.

Got to "hang out" with Sean Tucker, David Ellison, and my buddy CJ Calkins <sp?> from Voodoo...

Oh and Sean's got a new move in his act that I think is killer! He almost left it out, didn't think it was that big of a deal but it's kewl! He does a really tight diameter totally flat rudder only turn. Both he and his airplane are pretty darn amazing!

**Edit**
      Here's a couple more.. I've got committments that I have to honor so no more for now....

grrrrr...
      Attached Files
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I couldn't remember which boat Braddemon was affliated with.. Figured it was the Acura of Seattle (Allison powered) boat.. Looked into most pits but that one with most attention. Didn't see him to say hello so gave up went and had a six dollar hot dog and a six dollar beer....

Miss Beacon Plumbing, U-37. Used to be the U-8 Llumar Window Coverings. Glad they aren't using many V-12's. Need to save the Allisons for TEAM51 Which by the way, we are selling T Shirts on line at http://cameronaircraft.com Cost plus shipping and handling. Murdo wants to advertise, not finance the plane. Thanks for letting me plug here Wayne. Still working out the details, landing gear, engine mounts, etc. before we start fabricating. We do have two and a half motors, still looking for a -115 or -130 motor for racing. The others are for test and transport. That's all I know right now.
        Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Crap, Wayne....I THOUGHT I saw you there in the pits, but as I walked past I was thinking 'no way....just a coincidence'. You were over on the east side of the pits (near the Allison boat's truck).

Yup...U-37 Miss Beacon Plumbing. As ARA put it, we really put it to them on Sunday. After the first turn, it wasn't even close. As our engine builder said to the driver on the dock..."Holy Cow...I told you to open HALF a can of whoop-ass...not the whole thing!"

Here are a couple of pics, courtesy of the Seattle Post Intelligencer, of our victory celebration. Two years in a row winning the hometown race!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
            Crap, Wayne....I THOUGHT I saw you there in the pits, but as I walked past I was thinking 'no way....just a coincidence'. You were over on the east side of the pits (near the Allison boat's truck).

Yup...U-37 Miss Beacon Plumbing. As ARA put it, we really put it to them on Sunday. After the first turn, it wasn't even close. As our engine builder said to the driver on the dock..."Holy Cow...I told you to open HALF a can of whoop-ass...not the whole thing!"

Here are a couple of pics, courtesy of the Seattle Post Intelligencer, of our victory celebration. Two years in a row winning the hometown race!
            Oh Man and I even thought I saw a guy who looked like you also but I was so fixated on thinking you were with the piston boat....

Wish we could have hooked up! I was actually in the pits two days... Only a short time on Friday and again on Saturday.

That one PI shot with Rainer in the background... very cool! He must have had a serious polarizer on there, I don't think even the naked eye saw the mountain that clearly the whole time I was there..

See ya in a few weeks!

Congratulations!!

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Oh Man and I even thought I saw a guy who looked like you also but I was so fixated on thinking you were with the piston boat....

Wish we could have hooked up! I was actually in the pits two days... Only a short time on Friday and again on Saturday.

That one PI shot with Rainer in the background... very cool! He must have had a serious polarizer on there, I don't think even the naked eye saw the mountain that clearly the whole time I was there..

See ya in a few weeks!

Congratulations!!

Like I said....I even did a double-take and thought about stopping and asking if it was you...but there was NO WAY that you'd be up here for the race, right? Oh well.

As far as the race goes, I'll paraphrase Nuke LaLouche from Bull Durham in stating that 'we announced our presence with authority'. And we were ALL LEGAL, baby!!! :-)

Comment

Like I said....I even did a double-take and thought about stopping and asking if it was you...but there was NO WAY that you'd be up here for the race, right? Oh well.

As far as the race goes, I'll paraphrase Nuke LaLouche from Bull Durham in stating that 'we announced our presence with authority'. And we were ALL LEGAL, baby!!! :-)
                Aww geez man, I even had my Aviation Nation "Wayne Sagar" name tag on my vest that I was required to wear there and have decided that I might as well leave on (makes intros so much easier)...

Bet we looked right at each other and said.....looks like him.....

NAAAAAA!

LOL!!!

Again, dood.. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

What a great weekend ey!

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Right on guys, that's awesome! Does that officially put guys "on a roll"?
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence
                    Right on guys, that's awesome! Does that officially put guys "on a roll"?
                    Well, we set out this season with three goals: Win the Gold Cup in Detroit. Done. Win a repeat at Seafair for our new sponsor. Done. And win the high points championship. I think that we're out of luck for the third one, because with one race left, there aren't enough points available for us to overcome. But yeah...we won the two biggest races on the circuit, so I'd say we're on a roll! Two out of three is pretty damn good in my opinion. :-)

Comment

Well, we set out this season with three goals: Win the Gold Cup in Detroit. Done. Win a repeat at Seafair for our new sponsor. Done. And win the high points championship. I think that we're out of luck for the third one, because with one race left, there aren't enough points available for us to overcome. But yeah...we won the two biggest races on the circuit, so I'd say we're on a roll! Two out of three is pretty damn good in my opinion. :-)
                      Well, if you guys can pull out the win at the final stop, you'll roll into next season with the hot shoe and a big fat head of steam. I'll be rootin' fer ya.
                      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I am pretty ignorant of Hydro racing. Where is the final race?

Comment

Didn't I see something on NBC sports about the Unlimited Hydros and U-37 winning Detroit after losing an engine cowl and rear wing? ...or was that something else??

...the U-3(I think) came in second and it was Allison powered. -To think that I thought they had quit using V motors many years ago.

Awesome sport!

Comment

Originally posted by John
                            Didn't I see something on NBC sports about the Unlimited Hydros and U-37 winning Detroit after losing an engine cowl and rear wing? ...or was that something else??

...the U-3(I think) came in second and it was Allison powered. -To think that I thought they had quit using V motors many years ago.

Awesome sport!

Yes, the show on NBC this last weekend was of the APBA Gold Cup (the oldest race & trophy in motorsports) in Detroit Michigan. We won the race three weeks ago, and yes, we lost the cowling in the final heat due to a faulty latch....but kept on going. There have been two races since then...a fourth place finish in Tri-Cities Washington, and then a win this last weekend in Seattle. The races are going to be broadcast nationally sometime in September or October on Fox Sports. The final race for our season will be on San Diego's Mission Bay in September--unfortunately, the same weekend as Reno.

Comment

The final race for our season will be on San Diego's Mission Bay in September--unfortunately, the same weekend as Reno.
                              Does that mean you will miss San Diego?

Jarrod

Comment

Working...
                              X