New Warbird Digest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Warbird Digest

I just made a trip to the news stand and bought one of the best issues of Warbird Digest I have ever seen. What do you guys think of it?

Jarrod

Re: New Warbird Digest

Glad you liked it Jarrod, but there may be fewer issues in the future. I understand Mr. Savage has put the B-25 and other aircraft he owns up for sale. This info came to me from Oshkosh. If incorrect, I apologize, but I thought it was interesting.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
      Glad you liked it Jarrod, but there may be fewer issues in the future. I understand Mr. Savage has put the B-25 and other aircraft he owns up for sale. This info came to me from Oshkosh. If incorrect, I apologize, but I thought it was interesting.

Dave
      Interesting. I am not sure why you didn't just come to the source to find out the truth instead of spreading mistruths around the internet. I realize that you have an axe to grind with me and many of the others that you have dealt with in the past, but lets be a bit more honest and not spread unconfirmed or untrue rumors.

The B-25 is for sale for the right price and to the right buyer. It is certainly not a "fire sale." After all, everything is for sale to the right buyer. I have nine other warbirds that I own and fly and frankly get more enjoyment out of than the B-25. I have three T-6s undergoing ground up restoration with the 10 employees in my own shop, plus the former Mystical Power which should make it to Reno if everything goes well. I also have a PV-2 under restoration at Airpower Unlimited which will be unbelievable when it is complete. The B-25 has served its purpose, and in discussions with the professional aviation photographers that we work with they have indicated that we can get the same quality of photographs from the other aircraft in my fleet.

Your insinuation that the magazine may not produce any more issues is just ludicrous. The magazine is doing just fine, thank you. Much of that is due to the incredible support it has gotten from the warbird community and good, honest, and talented contributors. I am sorry that you made the decision to be none of those.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Savage
        Your insinuation that the magazine may not produce any more issues is just ludicrous.
        The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

"Moscow in flames, missiles headed toward New York...film at 11."

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
          Randy,
          That's what I heard when Brad told me you wouldn't make it to Reno. Who's gonna help me and Bob park school busses?
          Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
            Randy,
            That's what I heard when Brad told me you wouldn't make it to Reno. Who's gonna help me and Bob park school busses?
            You can blame our Uncle Sam for that one. As much as it's gonna suck to miss Reno in '06, I think it's for a fairly worthwhile reason!

The funny thing is, this is the same reason I missed Reno in '95, '98, '99, and '00!

Comment

You can blame our Uncle Sam for that one. As much as it's gonna suck to miss Reno in '06, I think it's for a fairly worthwhile reason!

The funny thing is, this is the same reason I missed Reno in '95, '98, '99, and '00!
              Randy, I've never met you, and I'm a Canadian, but I still want to thank you and all your brothers-in-arms for your dedication. Please keep in mind there's more than a few of us over the northern line that appreciate you all, just as much as our own.

I obviously won't get a chance to meet you at Reno this year, (my first) but I hope, somewhere down the line to get the chance to shake your hand.

Safe Flying!
              Gerry

Comment

Originally posted by G. van Dyk
                I'm a Canadian, but I still want to thank you and all your brothers-in-arms for your dedication.
                Thanks, Gerry. You can bet that I'll be back to Reno as soon as humanly possible...it's in my blood.

Looking forward to meeting you sometime. Good to know that there are air race fans in Canada!

Comment

Mr Savage
                  Thank you for setting the record straight. AS I SAID, I got the information from Oshkosk and stated in my post that if the info was incorrect, I apologize. NO AXE TO GRIND HERE, since I gave you a FREE story to publish in your publication. And you were all too happy to take advantage of it. I wonder if all of your contributors work for free. Perhaps YOU should take some of your own advice and come to the source instead of listening to the ramblings of one of your contributors who obviously still suffers from diarrhea of the mouth. Good luck with the publication, as we can not have too many magazines that highlight the warbird community and the increasing number of terrific additions to it.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
                    I wonder if all of your contributors work for free.
                    I do.

Comment

Me too!...........I think.

Comment

"Moscow in flames, missiles headed toward New York...film at 11."
                        That is the first ever Kentucky Fried Movie quote I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by FNG
                          That is the first ever Kentucky Fried Movie quote I have ever seen.
                          Yep, that's reaching back a ways...

"We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our spirit in the tradition of our ancestors. You have our gratitude!"

"What was dat? This is not a chawade...we need total concentwayshun. Now, once again...this time with FEEwing."

...drifting further and further off topic...
                          Jeff Lo
                          Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
                          Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Originally posted by FlyinLo
                            Yep, that's reaching back a ways...

"We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our spirit in the tradition of our ancestors. You have our gratitude!"

"What was dat? This is not a chawade...we need total concentwayshun. Now, once again...this time with FEEwing."

...drifting further and further off topic...
                            "Rams plagued by fumbles as earthquakes rock Los Angeles....film at 11."

"Send him to Detroit...."

"...and every Joy of S@# album comes equipped with....BIG JIM SLADE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                              "...and every Joy of S@# album comes equipped with....BIG JIM SLADE!!!"
                              "...and the capital of Nebraska is Lincoln!"

Or taking us lower still (with the aid of IMDB)...

"Guard number one is a senior on Klahn's mountain, and aspires to be a research chemist. Welcome, please, Hung Well!"

"Guard number two is a real skating buff. A warm welcome for Long Wang! "

"Traveling comes naturally to guard number three, as he's a licensed airplane pilot. Welcome, please, Enormous Genitals!"

Comment

Working...
                              X