WILDFIRE???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WILDFIRE???

I was just checking the enrty list for the unlimiteds on RARA's web-site and I saw Wildfire as an entry. So, what do you'all think. I don't know about you guys but I am pretty excited. It would be awesome if they just made the ramp. Good luck to all at Wildfire Racing and hope to see you at the show?
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Re: WILDFIRE???

Even if they do make it, the plane won't finish a race. Wouldn't mind seeing it on the ramp though - might gain a little support that way.

Comment

With enough nay-sayers like you, maybe they will win just to keep us all guessing?

Were you a fan of Tsunami or the Pond Racer?

Keeping this sport alive requires support from the fans. Racing pilots are a superstitious bunch, there is no need to speak so frankly about possible injury and/or death. I think everyone here can agree that seeing a new purpose built racer would a wonderfull thing. The people behind this project have far more experiance and knowledge then you (I assume) Not to mention far more intimacy with the plane.

I am not trying to start a pissing match here, but your comments are unneccassary.

See you in 47 days......

Comment

I said nothing about injury or death - I've lost many friends in this sport over the years. I was a big fan of Tsunami and of MAII. I just feel that with Wildfire so newly tested, Dave, being the competent and safe pilot that he is, won't take unnecessary risks. Thus, I stand by my opinion that the plane won't complete any of the races. Once it's been more thoroughly tested, I'm sure it will be a nice addition to the racing field.

As for my experience - I have more than some and less than others on this board. And since I'm not out to start a 'pissing match' as you put it, I'll keep my thoughts and opinions about the Pond Racer to myself other than to say, the loss of Rick was felt by many and still is to this day. Myself included.

I will also say, that responses like yours are why I mostly lurk and don't bother to contribute.

And now, I'll go back into my little hole and stop posting.

Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by wardog
          And now, I'll go back into my little hole and stop posting.
          Cindy
          Ah ... no keep posting, actually you should post more often..

I hope to have some info to share after Osh...
          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus
            ...but your comments are unneccassary.
            EASY THERE FB.
            Cindy's been around enough to some ramp cred' and her appraisal is fair and realistic. The airplane has not FLOWN yet. With any original design, there's going to be development time. No body is going to take a brand new design up for a first flight, and be doing the (projected) 500mph on the pylons, the next month, even Dave's not that crazy.
            Most all of us applaud the effort, and wish them the best of luck.

Keep posting Cindy.
            ----------------------
            Paul
            Here's to a kinder and gentler AAFO.

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
              I always love when lawnchair pilots call the finish.

...wow,just a lawnchair and I could fly too !?...
              Mayday51
              Jim Gallagher

Comment

How close are they to flying??

Comment

Originally posted by supercub
                  The lawnchair has already flown............
                  Originally posted by mayday51
                  ...wow,just a lawnchair and I could fly too !?...
                  There are many ways in which you could be propelled!!! Although you might be calling a Mayday

Comment

Originally posted by supercub
                    Wildfire, is very close. They had some repairs after engine runs. They're hoping for flight, sometime soon.

Comment

as it stands now I return from detroit on the 12 if all eng tests are completed successfully and the faa gives us back our paper work we will begin flight testing. the crew has arranged to take time off of work so we can test 7 days a week. If both of these dont happen we wont make it
                      dave
                      www.davemorss.com

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the update on Wildfire!
                        Best of luck to you and the team, looking forward to seeing Wildfire at Reno (keeping fingers crossed)

Victor

Comment

My Bad, I misinterpreted your meaning of "wont finish a race". I did check your profile and noticed you pilot experiance, etc before I posted my comments. Again I was not trying to be derogetory. Please forgive...

Comment

Originally posted by wardog
                            Even if they do make it, the plane won't finish a race. Wouldn't mind seeing it on the ramp though - might gain a little support that way.
                            "It is better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to speak and remove doubt"

Comment

Working...
                            X