Risky Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risky Business

You mean he's going to unload all the planes? What a shame. I thought he was going to hang onto them for his kids to fly down the road. Its too bad things have come down to this. I hope what ever his endevor is in life is he will always hold a soft spot in his heart for the old warbirds. I hear he has a new King Air. Maybe that's a little safer to fly as you get older. Too bad they don't have King Air Races. Good luck Bill may the skys continue to be kind to you.

We up here in Ione had heard rumors about Bill's exit from air racing. We were not sure if it was true. Please say its not so. Unfortunately this is what it has all come down to. Air Racing will be loosing a fine person as well as a great competitor. It appears with the departure of Bill that there is one less Mustang to be ahead of the Sea Furies. Maybe Bill would consider keeping his planes in the hunt if a big time sponsor came along. Someone mentioned the possibility of Gillette possibly being interested in a sponsorship considering there was a great deal of hair between the claimshell doors. Is this a joke? I can only hope that someone out there that really knows Bill will come to his aid. It appears he needs some help after the King Air purchase. P.S when is the Bar B Que and what can we bring? We here at Voodoo "sincerely" hope that Bill can come out of this with some respect after all he and Alan Preston have done for air racing. Thanks again guy for all the memories. Does Brian need a job?I've got a spare trailer up here he can sleep in until Reno. Will you have any extra pit passes this year? Take care and turn left.

Comment

RWR

I SURE HOPE BILL DOESNT HURT HIMSELF THIS YEAR ! OLD MAN

Comment

It does my heart good to see someone sticking up for such a fine individual as Bill. He has surely shown what a Unlimited race pilot should be in character. It has been a privilage to be included in his incredibly tallented crew even in my limited capacity . I know running for breakfast and shuffleling essential personell to and from the local international airport really can't be considered part of the crew. However I would like to think that some view me as such. The crew is usually so busy I doubt many of them even know my real name. Their crew has a habit of putting nick names to all their personell. My call sign is Merlin Fingers. Brian Marsh gave me the name because I am so good with my fingers. He says everytime he looks at me my fingers are buried in my nose. I also have the job of picking up all the trash and broken parts left behind by Bill and company. It's a shame that I'll have to look for another crew to assist. Good Bye Bill and God bless you and your fine crew. Do you have room for a old gay retired airline mechanic in Idaho? Who's going to take care of Brian when I am gone?

Comment

Sam,

Did you mean *gray?*

<giggle>

Scotty G
          Scotty G

Comment

Working...
          X