WHY I DONT POST ANYMORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY I DONT POST ANYMORE

Me and 8 or 9 other viewers do not want to be part of this NFG constant bashing. My young son is terribly confused with viseral (sp?) commentary and ........

well what ever, just too much anger over .... what

Moderator, since you cant control what is happening, its time to ban the ones that are destroying this fourm for personal egos

yours truely,
    x aafo participant (and my kid)

Re: WHY I DONT POST ANYMORE

Xparticipant,

I think we met, (an assumption) in back of Parker's hanger a few years ago and whether you are the person I met or not, matters little. The point is well taken.

A while ago, we were asked to open a restricted section where folks could have a bit more room to talk about what they wanted without bothering those who didn't want to participate, sort of an "R" rated section.

We did the work, opened it, now, few seem to want to use it.

I guess, from time to time, we're going to have to watch closer, separate out this sort of thing and move it to that section and steer those who want to "play" there to it.

NOT kill the subjects but move them to where those who CHOOSE to participate in the discussions go. Yet, those who do not wish to be there can simply not see it.

Xparticipant, I'd ask you to stick around, feel the "love" and see if this can still be a place where a guy and his son can come and enjoy the excitement of this sport that we all enjoy, while not getting too involved with those who feel a need to express their "love" of the sport in a bit deeper way than you might feel comfortable with.

We exist to help grow the sport, to help you bring your son and his friends into it.

If the ripples in the pond that happen from the "pebbles" that get thrown from time to time keep you out, that would be a distinctly bad thing!

Stick around! We do our best to keep this place a very civil place for all to enjoy while still allowing space for those more seriously involved to air their differences with their peers.

We'll try to separate the two types of subjects sooner in the future.

Bear in mind, the guys who turn the wrenches, way more than those who push the throttles and pull the sticks, are a very emotionally involved bunch! They will have their heated exchanges. This does not make any of them bad people, just emotionally involved.

Moving their heated exchanges to the "none but the brave" "restricted" section is probably very prudent, indeed!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'll echo Wayne's sentiments. I've been going to Reno since 72 and I've been an unlimited crew member since 85 and my passion for the sport of air racing hasn't diminished at all. Don't let the action's of a few spoil it for you.

Comment

I've been going to Air Races/Shows since I was a kid {now 74} & outside of actually being at these events this Forum is the best to keep abreast of what is going on. Wayne does his best to keep things neutral & people do get excited over things said. Please stay with the Forum. Wayne does take all of this seriously and for all of you please follow the rules set up.
        Lockheed Bob
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Do you have any examples of the type of "flaming" you are incurring"? I usually foloow all the threads and I must have missed someithing.

Mike A.

Comment

I too have eased off posting (from what I had shared),

.....did get tired of "purse slinging" (and other slung stuff)

....I can see where you can/could be disappointed in some who "rile"and poke....and yep may be not as wholesome as we would like for us or children.

solution "Z"

.............issue federal form I.D.10t

.......(read as a word)

(IDIOT)

and try to enjoy what we do have.
            Mayday51
            Jim Gallagher

Comment

I'm not I big fan of censorship.Let people say what they want and let everybody else respond to it. If people don't like it they can go away.
              My kids do not have internet access and I talk to them about whats appropriate and whats not.

Keep up the good work Wayne but,don't try to micro manage this thing,it will make you crazy.

Comment

The reality of life is that it exists. Accept defeat gracefully in public and bemoan the bums privately.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by SCEPTER
                  I'm not I big fan of censorship.Let people say what they want and let everybody else respond to it. If people don't like it they can go away.
                  My kids do not have internet access and I talk to them about whats appropriate and whats not.

Keep up the good work Wayne but,don't try to micro manage this thing,it will make you crazy.
                  Scepter, I don't think I'm into "micro" managing things but managing things is almost ALWAYS necessary in a public forum.

Actually, I cut my internet teeth being a moderator on a forum MANY years ago on the old Compuserve system (Similar to AOL, was before AOL but was absorbed by them eventually)

For some reason, folks just get way too emotional when talking with their fingers.

Anyway...

We DO have the "restricted" forum, a lot of you have signed up for it. I don't know why if crews wanna bash on each other, they don't do it there.

NNNNEEEEEWAAAAY.....

I think the situation has calmed, once I moved the part of the subect in question, nobody seemed to want to post any more... not sure why this is... if nobody is watching, it's no fun to throw arrows??

We're gonna keep a civil place to play for all, no matter how much attention it takes to get it done.

All of this said, I would, very much, appreciate the unregged poster who started this thread to REGISTER as a member.

I didn't have to "approve" the post, it was pretty critical of this place, I chose to because I like to NOT "censor by proxy" by ignoring non regged posts (there are, of course, exceptions to this feeling )

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                  X