Critical Mass??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical Mass??

Any word on what's happening with Critical Mass?? Will she be at Reno?

Re: Critical Mass??

Nothing and nope
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

No I don't think so. I get a feeling that we may see her in the near future. Maybe a year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
        Nothing and nope
        Talked with Tom a bit last year at Nellis... Doesn't sound really promising that the Dwelle's will field the airplane any time soon... though word from the crew is that she's always pretty near ready to race.

Would most race fans sop up a medium size towell of pure race fanatic drool if Ken Dwelle would decide to bring her in for a few laps some time in the future!!! ???

I thinks so!

Not this year tho...

But then, ya never know, Far as I know, Skipper don't have a ride, he's flown her before... She's not on the entry list but...

What cha see on the ramp on the Sunday before race week is all that counts!

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Which Sunday?

What you see at 5:00 P.M. on Wednesday is what you get...

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
            Would most race fans sop up a medium size towell of pure race fanatic drool if Ken Dwelle would decide to bring her in for a few laps some time in the future!!! ???

I thinks so!

Let's just start sending them some fan sponsor money and see what happens. Personally I would like the see the next generation Dwelle at the stick. I'm sure there is enough local talent to come help get it done too. How about those inlets Eric!?

Comment

How about some Critical cash.

Comment

[QUOTE=FNG . I'm sure there is enough local talent to come help get it done too. How about those inlets Eric!?[/QUOTE]

What "talent" do you think is missing to "help get it done"?

Comment

From a conversation with Ken at the end of May he said the only way you will see CM at Reno is if it is purchased by someone interested in buying her away from the Dwelles and racing her. Restoring the plane to stock condition is not very likely due to the modification that were made after the nitrous bottle accident. He felt that it was more likely that CM would be placed in a museum somewhere. Ken didn't seem to have much desire to race the plane himself and with his job responsibilities in Tom's business does not have the time to devote to racing at Reno.

Lance Finork

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper
                    Don't think it was intended as derogatory DT, but more as an offer of help if needed? You sound kind of offended?
                    Peace-out
                    Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Maybe some day

Comment

Originally posted by Lance
                        From a conversation with Ken at the end of May he said the only way you will see CM at Reno is if it is purchased by someone interested in buying her away from the Dwelles and racing her. Restoring the plane to stock condition is not very likely due to the modification that were made after the nitrous bottle accident. He felt that it was more likely that CM would be placed in a museum somewhere. Ken didn't seem to have much desire to race the plane himself and with his job responsibilities in Tom's business does not have the time to devote to racing at Reno.

Lance Finork
                        huh,thats to bad.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper
                          Geeez I'm just saying "if" they needed help. Don't go reading into it to much.

Comment

I think Wayners should be talking to those movie bigwigs and telling them that the movie absolutely requires Critical Mass. Maybe that would help get them there for September!! Rachel

Comment

Originally posted by dineega
                              I think Wayners should be talking to those movie bigwigs and telling them that the movie absolutely requires Critical Mass. Maybe that would help get them there for September!! Rachel
                              LOL... if it wasn't there in June, it's not gonna be there (in the movie) in september...

I really don't think it's an issue of the Dwelle family not being able to afford Critical Mass... I certainly can't speak for them but I know Tom does not want to race her and I am pretty certain that Ken is far more interested in building a family and career in the family business than he is racing balls to the wall...

Personally, I'd love to see her raced again, and for Tom to get his Sandy!

Not necessairly in that order..

Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X