X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darryl Greenamyer - Replaced???

Rod Von Grote is listed as the pilot in Sport Class Race #33
    Hmmmm... I rookie pilot in #33 ...
    Is this John Parkers chance to win gold???
    Will the NXT's step up???
    Even with the help of the Sharps will Kevin be able to get Relentless race ready???

Could we see Darryl in some ones Unlimited???
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Re: Darryl Greenamyer - Replaced???

Victor,

Rod is a Sierra Hotel Air Force fighter guy, and a direct decendant of The Red Baron. (No kidding.) He and his father have been long time friends of Darryl's. Rod flew really well during PRS, and it'll be a pleasure to see him race #33. He'll do great.

Scott Germain
    Unleashed

Comment

how about mustangs winning sport class and un-limited gold....SWEET

Comment

Anyone know anything about this? One of my favorite parts of the races these last few years has been watching Greenamyer quietly, convincingly and very professionally stomp Parker's mini-stang and the NXT teams . He will be greatly missed if he doesn't race....

Comment

Originally posted by gobeargo
          Anyone know anything about this? One of my favorite parts of the races these last few years has been watching Greenamyer quietly, convincingly and very professionally stomp Parker's mini-stang and the NXT teams . He will be greatly missed if he doesn't race....
          I too have enjoyed watching him essentally take everyone to school. Watch and learn, boys......

I have a feeling, since he and Roger Van Grote are close friends, that come Sunday, a certain short, former Lockheed test pilot might find his way into the cockpit.

Comment

Hey Brad, Didn't Roger Van Grote enter Conquest at Mojave or one of the 1,000 mile races- seems like I saw his name in the program
            Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
            RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Originally posted by RandyGoss75
              Hey Brad, Didn't Roger Van Grote enter Conquest at Mojave or one of the 1,000 mile races- seems like I saw his name in the program
              I THINK he was listed as the co-pilot for Darryl in the '71 Mojave race. But that was the beginning of the 'aftermath' from San Diego and Reno that year, and Darryl was 'grounded' by the PRPA and FAA, so neither one raced.

The only other guy I can think of that ever flew Conquest was Dick Laidley in '72.

Comment

The gentleman who qualified in Darryl's race 33 at PRS is ROD Von Grote, son of Roger Von Grote. He's an airline pilot and an F-16 pilot in the Air National Guard. Nice guy too.

Michael

Comment

Didnt used to own the old Mr Awsolm Shawn

Comment

You guys are forgetting that Darryl's crew chief has a modified NXT under construction for "an unnamed customer". http://www.aerochia.com/news.html
                    Could it be that DG is getting a new ride for this year? I don't have any idea what a "water cooled IO-12" could be, but I doubt that will stop you guys from guessing! Just remember that Sport Class rules limited displacement to 640 cu in, so no Lycoming IO-720's allowed.

BTW, does any one ELSE know why DG has the number 33 on his Legacy racer?

Joe, aka
                    PropFan

Comment

Working...
                    X