Question about Saturday schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Saturday schedule

Wow, I just saw the unlimited entry list, and that gave me extra motivation to make my flight reservations. Bear, Strega, Dago, and the Buick of course. Can't wait to see one of my favorites Czech Mate and Precious Metal which I have never seen in action. My first Reno was 1979, and now I get to bring my seven year-old son to experience his first Reno!

I'm debating about arriving late Friday night or mid-morning Saturday. Can anyone with recent Saturday experiece tell me how much we can still see if we don't get to Stead until noon on Saturday? I would love to catch most of the unlimited heats (at least silver and gold) and the Thunderbirds for my son.

If noon on Saturday cuts it too close, we may have to do the late thing on Friday. Thanks for the feedback!

Re: Question about Saturday schedule

By noon one of the Unlimited heats will be over. Faster Unlimiteds always will be late afternoon. The T-Birds usually are done by 1PM also, at least that is what they have done in the past.

Comment

11:00 AM should get you to the first Unlimited heat.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I would vote for Friday night arrival, have dinner, get a good night's rest, then get to Stead when the gates open early Saturday morning. Have breakfast in the pits or at the Boy Scout pancake breakfast and check out the planes, buy some T-shirts to support your favorite team(s) and give your son some lasting memories.
        Betty

Comment

And most importantly, get pit passes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB
            I would vote for Friday night arrival, have dinner, get a good night's rest, then get to Stead when the gates open early Saturday morning. Have breakfast in the pits or at the Boy Scout pancake breakfast and check out the planes, buy some T-shirts to support your favorite team(s) and give your son some lasting memories.
            Betty
            I second that idea
            First in last out... Some days I don't even make it out
            I will never forget seeing the Bear running up on a pitch black ramp around midnight
            http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
            http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice! I've changed the reservations for a Friday night arrival. I think we'll do the pit passes on Saturday and the grandstands on Sunday for the big show. Hopefully my son will be hooked the same way I was back in the 70s at my first Reno!

Comment

Working...
              X