• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEAM SANI-HUT

Are the rumors true???
    Attached Files

Re: TEAM SANI-HUT

Heh.....That would really be a sight to see someday...Might even make up a LITTLE bit for having no P-38s on the course anymore...

I wonder why the first picture shows what appears to be "pods" mounted on the outboard and center wings?

EDIT: Whoops! nevermind. I think I'm just seeing the wing root fillets and the belly scoop at an angle that makes them overlap and appear as one item...My bad

Comment

I knew it was true! Whoo hoo

Can't wait to see that baby turn the pylons at Reno.

Sure looks nice.

Is that the one Tom Cruise is sponsoring?

I got to get me a T-shirt and a hat!

Comment

hm... any chance these pictures might just be photoshop jobs? I'd love for it to be true but, I don't know.. Something about these pictures bother me, they just.. don't look quite right, maybe thats just due to less then steller quality I don't know.

But pretty cool looking either way, lol.

Comment

It's gotta be real. There are pictures of it!

Comment

Heh-heh...I believe they are photoshopped, guys....I don't think a P-82 has ever gone around the pylons on any race course (as seen in the first pic).

Also, note in the 3rd pic the upper cowling has matt-black paint on top, but not in the first 2, and only the first photo shows a NEVADA logo on both sides of the tails. 3 different paint jobs? Nahhh!

Comment

Good catch, my question though is...... When did all of this stuff about Sani-Hut/Double threat etc. start? and where did it come from? who started the story of this supposed racer?

I admit... For awhile I was a bit clueless when people joked about it, but I kinda figured out the basics awhile ago. So, seriously.... When did the rumors of this this mythical beast first come around?

Comment

I don't know but as long as I have been on this great site i have been hearing of and enjoying the ribbing of the the Sani Hutt Special. It has been very entertaining to say the least.
                Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Does it run off Methane?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
                    Does it run off Methane?
                    Considering the price of this week's oil futures, exploring the use of alternative fuels, including... ...er, natural gas... ...would be prudent.

On a more serious note, the only rumor I've heard about this racer is that it will be managed by the Seattle based Pacific Horizon Air Racing Team.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris
                      Considering the price of this week's oil futures, exploring the use of alternative fuels, including... ...er, natural gas... ...would be prudent.
                      On a more serious note, the only rumor I've heard about this racer is that it will be managed by the Seattle based Pacific Horizon Air Racing Team.
                      That would be PHART! Something phishy about that. They've been in stealth mode -- "silent, but deadly!"
                      Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                      World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Working...
                      X