Lens/other Question - Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lens/other Question - Reno

Hi I'm planning on coming to Reno with a Friend this Sptember...(from Germany that is)

I'm gonna take my D200 with 105-300mm (70-200/2.8) and also a 1.7 converter, ist that going to be enough optical Power to bring? I was also thinking about additoinally renting a Sigma 50-500 (DX) for that Week.

Also a more basic Question, ist there any kind of Guide for coming to Reno for photographical reasons, meaning where to sit/stand, what kind of tickets to buy (pit pass? reserved seats?) etc. It's kind of hard to know wrong/right from this far away up front and as ya'll know got to get everything right to get that 1% picture...

Thanks
    Stefan from Germany

Re: Lens/other Question - Reno

Stefan,

let me be the first to welcome you to the site and to the Hangartalk message board!

I'm sure you're going to get a LOT of information in response to your questions, I'll try to provide a little for you. I think "Wingman" (Neal Nurmi) is shooting the same setup as you mention. You should do well with that. The Sigma 50-500 is a pretty good lens, I have one, but rarely use it since getting the 80-400 VR... I'm not convinced that the 80-400 is actually better than the Sigma but, it does get my chip a lot less dirty...

And there is something to think about the Sigma. At Reno, it will tend to really become a vacuum cleaner for the dust in the air and your chip will become the vacuum bag for that dust! Bring whatever method you use to clean your chip and plan on using it daily back at your hotel!

There really is no guide so to speak for coming to Reno but we've been trying to compile one here for years.. We may do it yet.

The very best place to be is the pits! Although, a really good thing to have is a reserved seat as well. It can get really tiring standing all day and having that seat sitting there for you to rest and have an elevated place to get some home pylon race shots can be a really good thing.

Good shooting!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks...

So we probably should get Pit Passes as well as reserved Seats, doesnt really make a difference on the bill if your coming from Germany anyways...

Never thought that Dust would be that much of an issue that I'd have to clean the sensor on a daily basis, had the Nikon Service do that once on my D70, never on my D200 so far...

Greetings Stefan

Comment

Originally posted by c43amg
        Thanks...

So we probably should get Pit Passes as well as reserved Seats, doesnt really make a difference on the bill if your coming from Germany anyways...

Never thought that Dust would be that much of an issue that I'd have to clean the sensor on a daily basis, had the Nikon Service do that once on my D70, never on my D200 so far...

Greetings Stefan
        Stefan,

Check your private messages often.... I believe someone is going to contact you about seats that are available...

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks Wayne...

Greetings Stefan

Comment

Working...
          X