No announcement yet.

A few more from the earthly minions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few more from the earthly minions...

Here's a few more from PRS.. Playing with a new raw converter... it's faster than Nikon Capture and has a couple really neat features, but I'm totally unsure of it....

Enjoy..
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: A few more from the earthly minions...

There's a slight granular appearance that shows up most in the Steadfast pics. Awesome shots!!!
    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

WOW! was too short for this entry.
      So...........
      WOW! WOW!
      WW

Comment

Will,

Thanks! Hey, it was great to finally meet you at Stead... Sorry if I was so dang distracted that I had to "meet" you a couple times to actually remember it!!

I've gotten just plain terrible with short term memory in my old age and with a couple detours that I've taken over the last few years.

Airplane looked great cept, now you can't paint her till after September!

More filming then means... SteadFast stays as she is... Remember, I'm the "continuity" guy... So... NO PAINT TILL AFTER RENO!!

What a hoot that week at Stead was ey! I've been to every PRS since its inception and I'd have to say, by a HUGE margin, this was the best x2!

Glad you got some good time on the course, looking forward to seeing you do well this September!

Peas: grainy is prolly due to the process I used. I'm almost always on my laptop these days, it doesn't show on this screen but I don't doubt it's there. I'd purely love to find a faster raw processor than Nikon Capture I've tried several. None have yet to give me consistant results that I can get warm and fuzzy with.

Great thing about .nef files is, even if you screw up and save the changes you make to the original file.. the data STAYS intact! I goofed and saved a file just after PRS... after kicking myself in the head, I looked in and damned if I couldn't undue the changes and bring it all back, even with a saved file! Seems it only "saves" the settings you applied... raw stuff stays the same!

Man, how things change!

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Peas, check last image in series... I ran a couple filter on it to get rid of the noise introduced by the program I used...

Digital "magic" I'm not as versed as some but have a small bagotricks..

Looks better to me on this monitor. Removed a couple of dust bunnies also..

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
            Peas, check last image in series... I ran a couple filter on it to get rid of the noise introduced by the program I used...

Digital "magic" I'm not as versed as some but have a small bagotricks..

Looks better to me on this monitor. Removed a couple of dust bunnies also..

Rock on!
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Nice work Wayne!
              When did you have time?
              Everytime I looked you were doing something, never saw you just standing and shooting or talking for more than a few seconds.
              The Steadfast group is a class act, and looked like they were actually enjoying themselves. Pleasure to meet you Will, and I hope to meet the rest in September.
              No paint!?! Tell them to CGI it in the shots they have!
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for posting so much from PRS. I just hate myself for deciding work was more important.

As far as RAW processing, I would suggest you are possibly over saturating your colors. My Cinema display at home makes everything look over saturated, and my laptop makes everything look under saturated. I use my monitor here at work to "break the tie."

Amateur expert gripes not withstanding, I love the Pops and Bear shots

RG
                No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Working...
                X