Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team SteadFAst Post PRS Update

PRS Update

TEAM STEADFAST would like to thank the sponsors, racers, crews and fans whom offered so much support to us prior to and during PRS. We as a team have grown in leaps and bounds during the past 3 months since this little rocket appeared in our hangar. Above all, we were very fortunate just to be at Reno with an airplane that can do the job. During the 5 days of flying and 2 long cross country flights to Santa Rosa, we had one mechanical that turned out to be fixable on the ramp at stead. Although a NEW-Build, 2005 airplane, the Yak is turning out to be a real sweetheart. We are back to work on getting the airplane to run a little faster than it would at PRS. The list of things to do is long but by September we should be near our goal course speed for this year. We will be testing the new spinner and afterbody, a new streamlined windshield, and an oil cooler spraybar system just to name a few. I would personally like to thank the following friends for making it possible for Team SteadFast to pull off PRS without a hitch.
    C.J. Stephens
    Dan Vance
    Red Jensen
    Mike Stephens
    Roy Domke Jr.
    Chris Seppeler
    Dave Dewitt
    SJC
    SIGN O RAMA
    Katie Moore

As far as the flying went, I was thankful that I had been around the course before as I can recall my first PRS back in 2000 was all about just finding the pylons. Reno 2005 in the Glasair III was about 100MPH slower than the Yak so it was nice to see how much easier the course is to find and fly at the greater speeds. I have to comment that looking off my wing and having “Big Bossman”, “Rare Bear”, “Voodoo”, the “Super Corsair”, “Miss America”, etc. was a real thrill. Truly a view I will never forget. I will also probably have a hard time forgetting the wake left behind a giant aircraft such as well, EVERYONE else on the course.

Some more interesting tidbits that occurred during PRS.

We were approached by Bob Cannon of Cannon Aviation Insurance during PRS and we are working out a sponsorship package with them. Thanks Bob.

A local friend named Rex has come aboard as a sponsor. We will look forward to having Rex along for this wild ride in September.

The website has been down due to a technical goof up. The site is up now but the forum is still down. We’ll try and have that up by Monday evening.

We should have T shirts and hats soon. Keep watching the website for that announcement. They will be REALLY cool as they are being done by the same guy who does Rare Bear’s stuff. Tuna Graphics.

Thanks for looking, we will post more as the new parts go on and we go FASTER!

TEAM STEADFAST
    RACE 33

Re: Team SteadFAst Post PRS Update

It was great to see you all out there. I'm looking forward to September. I have a quick question. Are teams allowed to run the course any other time of year to test changes and improvements that you make to the aircraft?

See you all in about 80 days!!!!!

Lonnie

Comment

Congratulations on PRS and being one of the coolest teams to show up at Stead. You guys were a treat to talk with and I wish you all the best.

Don
      Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
      Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

No we cannot legaly run the course unless the airspace is waivered.
        Thanks for the nice comments, we sure enjoyed making new friends.
        Will

Comment

Let's face it. You guys looked very smoove out there. Very nice flying!

Comment

Working...
          X