Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reno Air Race Parade - Thunder over Reno Extra's Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno Air Race Parade - Thunder over Reno Extra's Needed!

Want to be a part of air racing history?

Come to downtown Reno, Nevada, tomorrow (Wed) June 21, 2006 and help us line the streets with air racing fans!!!!

I'm not sure which of the stable of airplanes are actually being brought downtown but for sure, Rare Bear, Precious Metal and the Super Corsair will be there... I am almost certain that Miss America, Cloud dancer and Robert Odegaard's Mustang will also be there..

(there may be more)

Come on out, see the cast and crew of "Thunder over Reno" in action and help the world see how many folks love this sport!!!

Wish I could have posted this sooner, I had to get clearance and frankly, it's been so crazy, nobody had time to think about anything further than the next day all week!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Reno Air Race Parade - Thunder over Reno Extra's Needed!

what time does this all begin?? for sure i will be there to view this rare sight, I remember a long time ago they used to close off the streets of (downtown) and have all sorts of racers there. would be interesting to see this event take place again
    Chris Moldenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by chrisp51man
      what time does this all begin?? for sure i will be there to view this rare sight, I remember a long time ago they used to close off the streets of (downtown) and have all sorts of racers there. would be interesting to see this event take place again
      I'm told, 7:00 PM... but that's the "official" "rolling" time. If I remember correctly, there is a three hour window where the traffic is closed off for the "event".

The planes will be brought in from Cannon some time very early this coming AM...

I don't know exactly when, or where the marshaling area will be. Likely, they will be on somewhat of display all day tomorrow leading up to the parade.

I'll try to provide information as I can get it... Mitch Carley and I are good friends and I've watched him lose over 20lbs this week. I hesitate to ask him ANY questions which are not absolutely necessary.

This man LOVES airplanes (http://duggy.com) more than most of us can even imagine. And we're airplane nuts!!

This movie is going to be Amazing!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

ok sweet, well i work downtown so looks like i am going in early! lol
        Chris Moldenhauer

Comment

I don't get it you want us all there, but have no info on location or any thing. Hey I know this guy wants to be all hush hush, but this is a movie not an area 51 test. If this guy wants us to support this movie he needs to be a little bit more forthcoming with the info. Lets not have a shot of Downtown, the Bear, PM, the F2G, and a ton of Downtown Reno tweakers showing the world what "real air racing" is. With all the effort going in to getting the planes to Cannon, then towing them down Mill St. at 3 am I would think the the same effort would be made to tell people when, where, and how. All this "I can't tell you ANYTHING" is just getting silly. Maybe we just arn't cool enough to play in this side of the sand box.

P.S. I live here and know what lingers around Downtown Reno on a wendsday night.

Comment

The standard element hanging around there on a typical weeknight can be a little "seedy" for a background.
            I'm planning on going, taking the manchild, and a contingent of interested from work. IF I know where to go!
            No trade secrets or plot outlines, just a simple "show up here"?
            Gotta plan parking, etc., etc.
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
              The standard element hanging around there on a typical weeknight can be a little "seedy" for a background.
              I'm planning on going, taking the manchild, and a contingent of interested from work. IF I know where to go!
              No trade secrets or plot outlines, just a simple "show up here"?
              Gotta plan parking, etc., etc.
              Yeah a little "seedy" on a weekend. Now lets talk about a weekday!!! No tourist so you are only left with the seeds. Maybe that one eyed dude with the skateboard and the terret's will make it in a shot(no really he exists). And before you go on with the wise cracks... I have both eyes!

Comment

airrace.org has the time and location of the parade.

Comment

Originally posted by FNG
                  I don't get it you want us all there, but have no info on location or any thing. Hey I know this guy wants to be all hush hush, but this is a movie not an area 51 test. If this guy wants us to support this movie he needs to be a little bit more forthcoming with the info.
                  FNG... "downtown" I guess to us non locals means the arch and Virginia St... Nobody meant to leave that information out, it was assumed to have been included with the generic "downtown" location given.
                  Lets not have a shot of Downtown, the Bear, PM, the F2G, and a ton of Downtown Reno tweakers showing the world what "real air racing" is. With all the effort going in to getting the planes to Cannon, then towing them down Mill St. at 3 am I would think the the same effort would be made to tell people when, where, and how.
                  Since this website has a pretty limited following in the Reno area, the news spots which are running here on local TV news today and yesterday should flesh out the streets with the "right" kind of local folks.

I put the word out here so you guys who do live here would be sure to know about it, put it on just as soon as my weary ass got in front of a computer last evening.

All this "I can't tell you ANYTHING" is just getting silly. Maybe we just arn't cool enough to play in this side of the sand box.
                  Mike, be real please. Movies ALWAYS have NDA's for those involved. No cameras on set, etc...

Everyone who was "officially" allowed to go out to the pylons and shoot in and around the set were required to sign a release form by the movie company... who owned the waiver at Stead (along with RARA) during the shooting yesterday and Monday.

Certainly, it's not a matter of being "cooler" than anyone else. In my case, I have been hired by the company to provide background and continuity shots, so I've been required to read the script so I'd know what I was doing.

Not a matter of being or trying to seem cooler Mike, simply a matter of getting a job and then keeping it, as well as staying out of court due to breach of contract...

I'm sure you can understand that?

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Just talked to Chris, our RB organizer, financier, cleaner girl, keep the crew on track girl and she said the tow down town went well and that it took about 2 hours. Rare Bear, PM, Cloud Dancer and Corsair are all in the Circus Circus parking lot waiting for the 6pm parade down Main St. Only damage done, RB had the tail wheel bearings blow out. Most likely from the last couple of years of fast landings.

Hopefully someone will post some great pics. Victor, are you still in Reno?

Seeyaonthebeach
                    Scott
                    Island Bound Adventures Sailing School & Adventures Come learn sailing and adventure with us! Complete list of sailing options and price list CLICK HERE! Even though the ocean is six hours away, you can get into a tropical state of mind by boating with Island Bound Sailing Adventures. The sailing school’s staff teaches students how […]

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Tech
                      Hopefully someone will post some great pics. Victor, are you still in Reno?
                      Snif... I'm hurt.. I'm still here.. will my shots "do"...

PS... I'm pretty sick today, long days and nights has me finally catching the bug that's been running through the crew and cast. As soon as I can get my bearings, I'm going to head out and get some shots at the parking lot.

I'll post some up as soon as possible.
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Sorry Wayners

Didn't see ya but once all weekend, thought you might have split. Stop by the hangar Sept 9th and I'll treat ya to you favorite adult beverage. After that well, you know how it goes. Nothin guaranteed.

Later Later
                        Scott

Comment

Someone needs to do some secret squirrel stuff tonite and snag some photos of the parade.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Tech
                            Sorry Wayners

Didn't see ya but once all weekend, thought you might have split. Stop by the hangar Sept 9th and I'll treat ya to you favorite adult beverage. After that well, you know how it goes. Nothin guaranteed.

Later Later
                            Scott
                            I feel the love Scott... Sorry I couldn't play with you guys much this week... busybusybusy!! We were taken out to the pylons all weekend and if I wasn't doing that, I was out at shoots with the movie crew.

Missed you guys at the Pylon Bar shoot.. was hoping you'd be there for that historical scene!

Originally posted by Eric
                            Someone needs to do some secret squirrel stuff tonite and snag some photos of the parade.
                            I'll be there.. I think that shots from there will be allowed to be published.

I'll be heading out to the parking lot asap.

Wayne
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Woot!

Comment

Working...
                              X