Dago Red shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dago Red shots

There are some nice recent (June) shots of Dago Red on Curtis Fowles' site - here's the link:MustangsMustangs.net

Re: Dago Red shots

...looks like Ridge Runner's prop and spinner on there...

Comment

Those are great pics. I think I drove by around the time those were taken. I remember seeing Dago parked "just so" down the way from Dan's hangar. What amazes me is the way the stock engine sounds. Doesn't sound very stock to me ! I have not seen Dago up for several days. I did see Ridge Runner up around 11 am tho. I love the fact that my new job is just across the road (hwy) from Dan's hangar. I mostly see activity from the CDF air attack group. They have the heavily modified S2 Trackers and Ov-10 Bronco air boss stationed adjacent to Dan's worshop. They really hot rod those things. Great to watch!

http://www.fire.ca.gov/FireEmergencyResponse/Aviation/Aviation.asp

Merlin Matt
      MATT
      Turn left, GO FAST

Comment

Good to hear that she is back in action.
        My favorite p51 mustang is back for racing.
        I wonder what sort of speeds it will reach whit the stock and race engine.
        Are their any new mods added for 2006 on dago red.

Comment

To answer your questions Merlin, Dan has a once in a lifetime opportunity here. He and his team are continuing to tweak on the racer to improve their chances of a victory. Dan is a gamer, and once the THUNDERING mouse motor is installed and Dan gets Dago on the course, there will be no going back. The throttles will be BENT forward and Dan will use every once of his knowledge of the course and racing skills to better the rest of the field. I for one can not wait for September, and the opportunity to watch Dan lead the Unlimited Class to victory.

Dave

Comment

I think dago red will be one the planes to watch for victory at reno 2006 in the gold class go dago.

Comment

Working...
            X