PDA

View Full Version : National Aeronca Fly-In

Peashooter
06-16-2006, 07:07 PM
My wife and I made the short trek to Middeltown, KMWO for a quick preview. More tomorrow. Peas

ignomini
06-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Very cool. Were there any C2s there? My father used to own one. He wound up trading it for a recover job on his Fairchild.

Peashooter
06-17-2006, 08:32 PM
There were no C-2s or C-3s this year. Nor any LBs, There were over 100 Aeroncas, but not the same diversity of models as previous events. There were 3 Aeronca-built PT-19s, two of which were very nice. Those Ranger engines sound great. P-51 Cincinnati Miss made a dramatic appearance, including a go-around on short final as a Cherokee took off right in front of him. Here's a shot that tells the tale of the show...

Peashooter
06-18-2006, 11:30 AM
And in other news, my bro's EVO flew last weekend...

zaqwrx
06-19-2006, 05:04 AM
Hey Peas,

Were you up over Mason Saturaday? Say, between 11 and 2.

I was shooting little league near the high school when an EZ flew over heading North. About 5 min later a Champ came over heading West.

I was thinking one of them had to be you.

Peashooter
06-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Hey Peas,

Were you up over Mason Saturaday? Say, between 11 and 2.

I was shooting little league near the high school when an EZ flew over heading North. About 5 min later a Champ came over heading West.

I was thinking one of them had to be you.

Jeff: It was all low & slow this weekend. On Sat. I arrived KMWO direct from KLUK at 10 AM, and departed about 3, both ways as a flight of 2 with Paul's Cub -- we did overfly VOA on the way back. Rudy