Hollister has been active

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollister has been active

Well, time for a little update from down here.
    Wednesday-ish last week Val Halla was out on the tarmac. It left the airfield as I was having lunch at the cafe there at the airport. Monday was great. Dago was up around 11am tooling around for a little while. Blew my doors off as usual ! I belive Merlin's Magic was up just after lunch. She sounded better than I have ever heard her in the past. Polished w/ a yellow rudder (??) Never was able to see the cowl. Tueday: I was pleased to have a Sea Fury (in full Austrailian navy colors) go directly over my pick-up truck as I was driving back from lunch. It was on final and the road is right there next to the edge of the runway boundry. Not sure who it was since it was practically landing on top of me. I could almost read the main gear tire mfgr. ha ha...... Polar Bear was out in full force. Ahe also was sounding so very sweet against the high cloud cover. She did some high fast orbits over my office building and surrounding area. This plane sounded very well tuned. In fact it is the best sounding allison engine I have ever heard to date. To sum up, it has been very challenging to get any work done while I get buzzed by all this big iron! I get goose bumps hourly !!!
    Merlin Matt
    MATT
    Turn left, GO FAST

Re: Hollister has been active

So, which one caused the 4.7 quake at 12:24:51 UTC 10 miles East of San Martin this morning?

The only bad thing about living in the sticks of North Idaho is there isn't a V-12 fighter within 150 miles! Kellogg once was home to the old LeRoy Penhall P-51D (#81) restored in warbird colors but it hasn't lived here for many years (moved to Fortine, MT).

I'm thinking I'd trade an occassional earthquake for a daily fix of V-1650 or V-1710.

Comment

Working...
    X