• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the ramp at Stead

as of 7:45 PM Wed Eve.
    Attached Files

Re: On the ramp at Stead

Very Nice

If you guys out there had to choose one day at PRS (fri,sat,or sun) which day would be best for action,photo opps, and getting into the pits?

Anthony
    "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

I wanna say Saturday. Also a goo time to get out to parts of the course (OUTSIDE the fence) that are normally "polizied", by nervous pylon judges but as long as you stay on the OUTSIDE of the fence , nobody much notices during PRS.

Comment

Thanks,

Saturday it will be. When you say other parts of the course, are you talkin about VOS?

Are there any roads that could take a guy to the eastern side like some of the dirt roads near the first couple pylons?

AT
        "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Not sure about the Eastern side - most of the access there is from inside the course, and that will be locked out during the seminar. the two northernmost unlimited pylons are accessible from Red Rock Rd to American Flat Rd. As long as you say on that dirt road, I've had no problems taking pics without hassles. It never hurts to keep a low profile.

The VOS is mostly all private property now, even the empty lots. Should be no problems there if you leave your vehicle on the road and walk to the fenceline, but I noticed that during last years Races that of the "public" roads in the Silver Knolls subdivision (which borders on the VOS) were marked off with traffic cones and no parking signs. Interestingly, all of the residents I talked to ( I live nearby) said they never complained about the parked cars and were not sure who decided to mark the streets. It didn't seem to be an issue with the neighborhood at any rate. I suspect someone wants those fans to buy a ticket and sit in the stands.

MIke A.

Comment

What's the story on the Mustang? Someone new on the block or is it "Polar Bear" in natural colors?
            ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Comment

On Sunday they Fly till aboit 1 some of them go home early but sunday too is good shawn

Comment

A lot of flying is on Saturday, but Sunday is nice also because there is a lot of "fly by's" as planes are leaving.....

Just my 0.02 cents......

WRL

Comment

Originally posted by a4gturn
                  What's the story on the Mustang? Someone new on the block or is it "Polar Bear" in natural colors?
                  This looks like the new SCRATCH built bird that's finale getting into the air. http://warbirdinformationexchange.or...pic.php?t=7700
                  Jason Schillereff

Comment

Beat me to it... oh well, here's one of the many shots I took out on the ramp yesterday.
                    Attached Files
                    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                    My Photos
                    My Ride

Comment

Nice Stevo, more???
                      Was the sky like that all day?
                      See ya tomorrow!!!
                      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Thanks Victor. The sky was like that the whole time I was here yesterday (got here around 1:00) but today is looking really nice, it kinda has that Simpsons look to it.
                        Notice the bullet holes in Dazzling Donna?
                        Also here's one for those driving in...
                        Attached Files
                        Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                        My Photos
                        My Ride

Comment

Thanks Stevo,
                          Good thing i have two of each

Do they charge us for going into the pits?

Anthony

Comment

Working...
                          X