Reno and Rare Bear....???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno and Rare Bear....???

I am planning on making the Reno races and am wondering if anyone has any new news on Rare Bear....????

I missed the last two years (last year forced of course)... I have never seen "The Bear" in top form, but am already a big fan...

Love to see her punish the others.... Would appreciate an update...

Thanks, D....

Ps.... I've already sent my miniscule donation to #77.... Hope it helps get them airborn....

hey, we just put the left wingtip back on the airplane and pulled the right one off. the only thing i can say about the engine is that "we're having technical difficulties with the engine" which means we're having to hit it with more bigger hammers >;^)>
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Makin' Metal?

A friend just back from OSH said that he heard that the Bear was making metal. Tell me it ain't so! Peas.

Comment

Re: Makin' Metal?

Originally posted by Peashooter
        A friend just back from OSH said that he heard that the Bear was making metal. Tell me it ain't so! Peas.
        Nope, she ain't makin metal, she's gotta be runnin first and that's not happened yet...

Team is working hard against the time left to be there.. It ain't over till the lady sings fellas and she ain't even warmin up yet...

Stay tuned..

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Had me worried 'The Bear" was dead for this year... Prayers boys..... and good luck to the wrench turners...

D...

Comment

Re: Re: Makin' Metal?

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
            Nope, she ain't makin metal, she's gotta be runnin first and that's not happened yet...

Team is working hard against the time left to be there.. It ain't over till the lady sings fellas and she ain't even warmin up yet...

Stay tuned..

Wayne
            Making metal?!!? Not to good. Good luck with it fellas. BTW, what motor powers that bird? You gotta remember, I am only a decent history buff and the only two motors I really remember are the Allisons and the RRs. (Mainly cause my two favorite planes of all time are P-38 Lightings and of course Mustangs).
            I have the need for speed. Unfotunately I am grounded to the rent-mobiles (aka slow, econo-box cars).

Comment

Rare engine

As far as I know the Bear is powered by a Wright R3350 radial engine. See a picture here

Comment

Bear status

Here's the bear at PRS in June. The team said they obviously had work left but were hopeful!

Michael
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X