X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY: AN AIR RACE MOVIE FOR THEATRICAL RELEASE

5/31/06
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Feature Film, Thunder Over Reno™ – The World’s Fastest Love Story!, is in pre-production, set to release 2007.

Reno, NV, 5/30/2006 –

A fictional story set in and around the city of Reno, Nevada will be shooting soon at the famous Reno Stead Airport. Each year this airport hosts the world’s fastest motorsport race during the Reno National Championship Air Races. The Unlimited Class aircraft race at speeds often exceeding 500 miles per hour at an average of 50 feet above the ground around a pyloned course of nine laps.

Titled, Thunder Over Reno, (TOR) the story is a version of the tried and true Hollywood-style love-story, with a few twists. TOR is a planned (AVISET STUDIO, LLC) Independent Production whose principals are Robert Odegaard, famed Aircraft Restorer and Operator, Rob Challans, Professional Pilot, and (TOR’s) Creator and award-winning Director, Mitch Carley. Mitch originally registered this script in 1992 and will be Directing the production to its final edit. This production is set to film at this years’ Pylon Racing Seminar (PRS) held annually by the Reno Air Racing Association. The mission of PRS is to train and refresh the skills needed to fly the racecourse in a skilled and safe manner. This seminar and filming will take place at the Reno Stead Airport, June 17 – 21. The Reno based production will culminate with a ‘Parade of Planes’ through the neon lit downtown streets of Reno on Wednesday evening June 21.

This production is a collective effort of the Reno Air Racing Association (RARA) and AVISET Studio, LLC to promote and entertain with this unique back-drop for a touching love-story. “I have assembled this production with the passion and tact that has been proven to launch careers in the past where the shared goal is to create great family entertainment first and then the reward will come.”, stated Mitch Carley the Director. The ‘stars’ of TOR are, Hawk Younkins who plays the films heroic lead; Natasha Yi, a strong self-directed female pilot, who is a love interest – and capped off with the relentless Bobby Arnofsky and Izabella St. James.

Robert Odegaard and overseeing safety pilot/contributor Alan Preston along with a team of skilled aviators are working close with RARA and the FAA to insure safety while creating excitement. Doug Anderson who is one of the Directors of Photography recently stated, “This will be the picture to refer to regarding high-impact air to air footage, we are capturing images that the public has never seen.” Rob Challans has kept this project very low-profile on purpose due to the fragile nature of all entities coming together for the same mission, stating, “…it has been a long and involved process and until we were truly green-lit by all overseeing authorities we did not want to discuss this project until now.”

Bringing this concept from a script to reality regarding all the related concerns has been led by RARA’s President and CEO, Mike Houghton. Mr. Houghton summarized the effort with this, “We at RARA and the AVISET Studio team agreed at the beginning that we will work together to create an exciting film that the entire family can enjoy over and over….” A variety of marketing extensions are being planned including the soundtrack that is being produced and overseen by Mark Slaughter, of the chart-successful rock-band, Slaughter. In addition to the core team, local services in Reno are being provided by Debra Lynn and Ken Hull, Owners and Producers of Nevada Casting Inc., with additional support from Jim Mitchell of Skyfire Video / CAMRAC Productions, and Wayne Sagar of AAFO.com – providing all of the up to date information on this and other related news regarding the sport of air racing.

For additional information, please visit www.thunderoverreno.com.

ABOUT AVISET STUDIO LLC.,
    This is a Kansas based Corporation
    with interests in Aviation related Entertainment. A host of products are being lead by the Duggy™ brand. For more information on AVISET STUDIO and Duggy, please visit; www.duggy.com . Thunder Over Reno and Duggy are registered trademarked brands of AVISET STUDIO LLC.
    - END -
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: FINALLY: AN AIR RACE MOVIE FOR THEATRICAL RELEASE

That's great news! At last the races might see the nationwide recognition it deserves. Here's hoping they do a great job with producing it.

Finally I might have a reason to go to the big screen theater instead of waiting for a movie to come out on DVD before seeing it.

And best of all, Tom Cruise won't be in it!

Comment

Looking forward to see how the end product will be!

Comment

How do you know Tom Cruise won't be in it? I'd like to think he won't be in it but with the money and clout he has....well, anything is possible.
        ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Comment

I remember back in 1984 there was a movie production team who film the races called crackerjack production never herd form them shawn

Comment

Hey Wayne I see that you are lending support to the movie but do you get to be in front of the camera too?

Comment

That's just great, a Hollywood production.

Shouldn't the true story of the pilots and crews that have raced for years promoting Reno be told???

Now everyone is excited about this?

Think if that money being spent was used on a documetary of the REAL air racers- THAT would be good news to me.

Comment

"additional support from Jim Mitchell of Skyfire"

Them skyflyer tapes are awful, I have'em all but thats cuz there aint notin else...

Comment

I rented a movie a few years ago that had some air racing in the story line and Reno footage. I think it was "Gypsy Angels" with Vanna White. Definitely something less than a "B" move but, nonetheless, air racing on the big screen.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I'm thinking they need an Alien at the controls of one of them pylon cams
                    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Hmmm.. worlds fastest love story?
                      Sounds like a story line right up there with "Cloud Dancer". Corny, but one of my favorite movies and one the wife will actually ask to see.
                      I wish it luck, and I'll pay to see it. Tho many are against the sport getting over commercialized I still think a shot of interest and money outside of us die hards could do nothing but help.
                      As far as a more historical perspective or documentary, there has to be a market to justify the production. I agree that the Skyfire series could be a little lacking sometimes, but in Mitchell's defense, how much could be spent on producing them with the expected sales?
                      I'm for anything that puts airplanes on the screen.
                      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Uh-sure
                        That's just great, a Hollywood production.

Shouldn't the true story of the pilots and crews that have raced for years promoting Reno be told???

Now everyone is excited about this?

Think if that money being spent was used on a documetary of the REAL air racers- THAT would be good news to me.
                        There really have been a number of documentary type "movies" made over the years and all appeal to those who like documentaries in general and air race fans in particular..

The movie that is in production will be a "story"... not a documentary or a docudrama...

I can't say a thing about what it'll be about other than from what I've seen, it's going to be very cool and the first five minutes will be absolutely KILLER!

Of course, I'm under an NDA so I can't disclose anything specific about the movie but again, I think it's going to be a fantastic shot in the arm for the sport when it's released!

Kudos to Mitch Carley and those behind this who have FINALLY gotten it rolling big time!

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                          Hey Wayne I see that you are lending support to the movie but do you get to be in front of the camera too?
                          I think you will all be lucky enough to have the producers spare you this potential travesty!

I'll be behind the camera at all times!

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

hey all, well I am glad that the sport will get the some good PR thru this film even if its not a doc. or anything in that matter it will get people out of there house to watch the movie and hopefully get out of there house to come watch the real event take place we all know that we need as big as a fan base as possible to keep this sport we all love alive and if it takes a "hollywood" movie to do than we all will benifit from it my hats off to the team who is involved with this movie
                            Chris Moldenhauer

Comment

Can the movie be any good with a WWE wrestler as the leading man?
                              Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X