STEADFAST NEWS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEADFAST NEWS!

Most of the "TEAM" made it out today for a morning of flight testing. We really had a bunch of fun "Tweaking" the Yak into shape for it's two successfull flights today. SteadFast has flown about 10 times in the past 10 days with favorable results. I dove the airplane to 335-340 KIAS bottoming out at 7500' while running 40" and 2700 RPM. I was carrying some unnecessary aileron trim so I chose not to let it accellerate any farther as the roll force was getting quite noticeable. We were having a problem keeping the prop RPM under control at the lower RPM's 2300 and below and high TAS. (220+). I sent the prop governor to Wings West and they bumped up the PSI to it's rated pressure of 450 from 425. After spending a couple of hours with JR and Mike Belmont of Stockton Propeller, we had an Idea on how to make the 23E50 hub and dome work in our favor. After some thought I was able to increase the coarse pitch to a higher value than we were able to previously attain. We can now run 1800 RPM to indicated speeds of 280+(thats all I tested it to). So with the prop squared away, we will now put the big spinner on and hopefully run that up at PRS. The gripes are becoming fewer and smaller so we can begin to relax a bit and enjoy flying this little rocket! I have a few T/O, flyby and landing vids I will post as soon as I can figure out how to minimize them again.
    Will
    PS, that 340 KIAS was in a dive!
    Attached Files

Re: STEADFAST NEWS!

I knot is 1,852 km/h.

Steadfast did 629 km/h. In a dive.

The speeds so far straight and level are 520 km/h.
    http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Red got his first ride in STEADFAST yesterday also!
      It's a little cramped in the back of the Yak!
      WW
      Attached Files

Comment

Comment

How much do you estimate the new bigger spinner will ad up speed ?
          http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for the updates Will. Cant wait to see you cruising around the pylons
            a&p

Comment

Looks like the big spinner doesnt work with our 23E50 hub. Bummer! We will have to relocate the holes. We really need a Sam Davis spinner.
              Had a hangar party at Dan Vances hangar tonight with the whole gang. The Intermission show was a STEADFAST 40" takeoff @ 140 KIAS over the airport. The airplane worked purrrrrrrrrrfectly! The landing was preceded by a nice banana pass for all to enjoy! The airplane is really a kick to fly. Really alot more fun when it works as well as it is working right now.

We're going to Reno.
              Team STEADFAST
              WW

Comment

SPINNER
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey Will

great to hear that the Yak purrs ok! Don't forget that Sam's Spinner is set up for the 43D50 hub and new holes have to be made as well...

Comment

Here are some more vids for your enjoyment!

Comment

Working...
                    X