NemesisNXT avionics ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NemesisNXT avionics ?

I was doing a fms nav database update at work today and saw that the aircraft list on the Honeywell disk contained info for NEMESIS. Any idea whose NXT this is?

Re: NemesisNXT avionics ?

Originally posted by Missileer
    That would be Jon and Patricia Sharp who designed and fly the plane.

http://aafo.com/racing/2005/NemesisNXT-1/
    I have been watching the NXT development for years.I was just curious if someone put insanely expensive Honeywell avionics in one.

Comment

I am pretty sure all three of the nxts that have flown had telemetry systems on board

Comment

Originally posted by laminar
        I am pretty sure all three of the nxts that have flown had telemetry systems on board

No telemetry has been installed in the NXT's yet.
        http://www.kevineldredge.com
        http://www.myairport.com
        sigpic

Comment

My B.

Comment

A lot of engine monitors and avionics nowadays record parameters onboard for later analysis. Some may call this telemetry, but it is more correctly described as data logging.

If you transmit the data to another location from where it is taken (whether it be wireless or over a long cable), then it is usually referred to as telemetry.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara
              A lot of engine monitors and avionics nowadays record parameters onboard for later analysis. Some may call this telemetry, but it is more correctly described as data logging.

If you transmit the data to another location from where it is taken (whether it be wireless or over a long cable), then it is usually referred to as telemetry.
              Michael, you have pretty much revolutionized the sport in that realm! From what I've seen of the system you developed... (forgive me if it was your brother who did this) it is SO small and compact, virtually any airplane could use it!

If I were doing my "job" correctly, one of these days, we should get together with you and do a feature on your system. I'm sure a lot of readers would be interested to know what goes on in that area of the sport..

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

You got it right. It's me. Sure, I'm always open to discuss the system. The only secrets are really the data that it gives the users

For what most are using the core of it is simply a 4"x4"x2" box. Sometimes the size doubles.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                X