Bombers over Napa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bombers over Napa

Yesterday I saw 1 B17, a B24, and a B25 taking off from Napa airport. I didn't know they were there until they flew over. Its the second B17 in the past 2 weeks.

Will

Re: Bombers over Napa

I think this schedule explains the B24 and B17
    a&p

Comment

They're suppose to be here in the south bay area at the end of the month. We usually just get the B-24 and B-17, so the B-25 will be a bit of a bonus. I can't wait to hear the sound of a big radial quartet flying overhead again.

Comment

Also, The first bomber was from the EAA, B-17 'Aluminum Overcast'. I will be hosting the 'Collings Foundation' aircraft at Astoria on June 20, 2006

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
          They're suppose to be here in the south bay area at the end of the month. We usually just get the B-24 and B-17, so the B-25 will be a bit of a bonus. I can't wait to hear the sound of a big radial quartet flying overhead again.
          They'll be in my neck of the woods (McClellan Field in Sac) for the next couple of days. Hope to get out there tomorrow or Saturday. I haven't seen the B-25 before either..looking forward to seeing all that old iron in the air
          Mark Johnson
          Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by MustangFan
            They'll be in my neck of the woods (McClellan Field in Sac) for the next couple of days. Hope to get out there tomorrow or Saturday. I haven't seen the B-25 before either..looking forward to seeing all that old iron in the air
            Here north/west of tracy,CA i've seen the B25 today and tuesday this week going east.
            its painted white and moving like pure butter.checked the website
            and thats it!SWEET!
            Gonna see about a ride in the -17 at moffit,gotta get some time
            over my home area!bragging rights for RENO!
            THE LOW PASS KID

Comment

Aluminum Overcast was here 2 weeks ago. This one was OD green, as well as the B24 and B25. I went looking for them last night but they took off. I think the B17 and B25 were down in San Luis Obispo 2 weeks ago. I wish I could have gotten a close up.

Will

Comment

they were just down in San Luis Obispo then they moved up to Paso. great chance to see some amazing planes if you can get out to them.

Comment

I saw a green B-25 over Vacaville California this morning......
                  Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                  RIP 03/17/10

Comment

The Collings Foundation bombers will be at Livermore this weekend if anyone is looking for a tour or a hop.
                    Bill Garnett
                    InterstellarDust
                    Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

We are in Livermore until Wednesday...come on out and say hi...we have been nonstop hopping rides over the last 3 weeks. Have a look at my webshots account to track our progress around the country.

cheers,

jim harley

Comment

I work near the EOR at LVK, so I will be trying to get out there on my lunch on Tuesday.

Hope to see you all taking hops during the day. Your final into LVK should take you right over our building!

Comment

I made a quick trip out to LVK on my lunch and got some shots before the lunch crowd showed up. No fancy equipment here, but not too bad for a point and shoot. I hope to get more this evening when they are giving rides.

Attached Files

Comment

Nice shots cousin

Comment

Originally posted by lowpasskid
                              Here north/west of tracy,CA i've seen the B25 today and tuesday this week going east.
                              its painted white and moving like pure butter.checked the website
                              and thats it!SWEET!
                              Gonna see about a ride in the -17 at moffit,gotta get some time
                              over my home area!bragging rights for RENO!
                              THE LOW PASS KID
                              oops,that wasnt the -25.guy at work told me its a beech,
                              with air force markings.i have reserved a ride on the B17 for
                              sunday afternoon,will post pictures if possible,nothing alien class
                              to be sure,but will try my best!
                              me to pilot "uh,can you do a low pass over the runway?"
                              Ric Taylor...

Comment

Working...
                              X